The present document can't read!
Please download to view
Please download to view
Download CIS 524 Week 3 DQ 2
- Get now! CIS 524 Week 3 DQ 2 Link to CIS 524 Week 3 DQ 2 Download for free CIS 524 Week 3 DQ 2 quick Start Guide Internal Server Error
- The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. CIS 524 ALL WEEK DISCUSSION QUESTION Week 1 DQ 1 “Creating an Interface” Please respond to the following: Imagine you are managing a design project that will create an interface for automobile mechanics. The interface would be used by the mechanics to look up various fixes and parts for any number of makes or models of automobiles that may come through their garage. Decide what usability measures would be most motivating when designing this interface and describe the unique challenges you would have to plan for when designing an interface for an automotive repair shop. Use supporting evidence to support your response. Physical, cognitive, perceptual, personality, and cultural differences introduce challenges when designing universally usable products. Choose one area from the list above and describe why it is the biggest challenge to overcome when creating universally usable designs. Support your response. Week 1 DQ 2 “Goal Setting” Please respond to the following: Early computers were only usable by experts with strong technical knowledge. Examine how interactive systems have changed throughout the years to accommodate average users and describe two advantages and two disadvantages associated with these changes. From the e-Activity, examine the two articles you selected on universal usability and discuss one topic of interest that was addressed. Week 2 DQ 1 “Interface Design Guidelines” Please respond to the following: Imagine you are leading a team of designers for a new software product. During the kickoff meeting, the team starts to discuss design guidelines. About half of the team complains that guidelines can be too specific, incomplete, hard to apply, and sometimes wrong. The other half feels that building on experience from design leaders contributes to steady improvements. Take a stance on this debate and support your position. Then discuss how you would solve this conflict to get your meeting back on track. Of the eight principles of design, called â€œGolden Rulesâ€ (strive for consistency, cater to universal usability, offer informative feedback, design dialogues to yield closure, prevent errors, permit easy reversal of actions, support internal locus of control, and reduce short-term memory load) choose the one that is most important and create an argument supporting your choice. Use specific examples to support your argument. Week 2 DQ 2 “HCI Theories” Please respond to the following: Imagine you are the manager of a medium-sized IT department. While walking through the hall one day, you overhear a senior-level software developer telling a newly hired developer to focus on improving his coding skills rather than learning about theories related to human-computer interaction. Take a position on whether you agree or disagree with the senior software developer. Support your decision. From the e-Activity, discuss the idea that all applications have to be visually consistent. Argue whether you agree or disagree with the idea and why. Week 3 DQ 1 “Electronic Ballots” Please respond to the following: One criticism of electronic ballots for elections is that while intuitive for younger voters who are familiar with using a mouse to point and click, elderly voters and motor-impaired users will have difficulty controlling a mouse. Discuss how you would correct this issue so that every demographic would have an equal opportunity to vote. Support your answer. Imagine you have just finished interviewing a recent college graduate for a design position within your company. At the end of the interview, the college graduate remarks that design would be much easier if people conformed to the design, rather than the design having to be accessible to diverse populations. Respond to this comment, addressing the legal, societal, and ethical issues that designers face in regard to human-computer interaction. Week 3 DQ 2
- “Interface Design Models” Please respond to the following: Evaluate interface design models and describe design issues across human-computer interaction environments associated with these models. Support your response. Building an interface can be broken down into the phases of design and development. Analyze the activities that take place in both phases, and explain why certain activities should be included in design but not in development. Week 4 DQ 1 “Direct Manipulation and Virtual Environments” Please respond to the following: Your software development company has been contracted to build a tool that will manage user accounts and rights in an Active Directory environment. One of your developers tells you that he wants the tool to make use of direct manipulation. A second developer argues that a command line structure would be a better and more secure approach. Take a stand on this argument, providing at least three positives of each approach, and then make a decision for this project and support it. Describe virtual and augmented reality. Suggest a way in which this technology could be used in the future; either to improve a current process / procedure or create a new process / procedure. Provide an example of your suggested use of the technology. Week 4 DQ 2 “Menu Selection and Organization” Please respond to the following: Describe the considerations that you would take into account when selecting the menu style for an application and why. Support your response with examples. Imagine you have been asked to help a novice designer effectively organize his menu content in an application. Provide the novice designer with the advice you feel would be most helpful when organizing content for menus. Support your response. Week 5 DQ 1 “Command and Natural Language” Please respond to the following: The president of your company approached you with his iPhone in one hand and his iPad in the other. He has just purchased the iPhone 4S and is fascinated with Siri, the voice recognition software. He then pulls up an app your team developed for the company a few months ago and tells you that he wants it to work with voice commands just like Siri. When you pass this information on to your team, the news is met with groans and angry expressions. One of your developers tells you that it would be way too complicated to add voice recognition into the app and that you should have said no. Suggest three techniques to overcome the challenges of implementing natural language into interface designs. Sally, a young developer, requests a meeting with you to discuss a project. Sally tells you that she wants to develop a new application in a computer language she has developed, hoping to use the project as proof of concept for her newly developed language. Your firm encourages technological development and advancement and has allowed similar developments to happen in the past. Discuss with Sally what is required to be considered an effective computer language. Suggest three characteristics that make up an effective computer language. Support your response with evidence from the textbook or an article you found. Week 5 DQ 2 “Developing Commands” Please respond to the following: You have just finished reviewing a design project your team has submitted to you and noticed that the team members used a great deal of command abbreviations. Explain to your team the value of using abbreviations for commands and give them at least two advantages and disadvantages associated with using abbreviations. Support your answer. From the e-Activity, Amoreâ€™s and Quesadaâ€™s article discusses the challenges of incorporating Natural Command Language Dialogs (NCLDs) into a phone system. One challenge pertains to sources of conflict in NCLDs. Discuss potential sources of conflict with an interface that you frequently use and devise a solution for preventing the conflicts. Week 6 DQ 1 “Interaction Devices” Please respond to the following: Touch screens are becoming extremely popular input devices for phones and tablets. Assess the value of touch screen devices related to human-computer interaction systems. Identify at least two advantages and two disadvantages of having touch screen devices in the workplace. Support your response by citing a quality resource. Chapter 8 currently has the following subsections, keyboards and keypads, pointing devices, and speech and auditory interfaces. Predict what the subsections may be if this book were written 10 years from now. Justify your predictions. Week 6 DQ 2 “Collaboration and Social Media” Please respond to the following: While planning for a new project, a young developer mentions that she used Facebook as a collaborative group space for developing her senior project. She tells you that it was the ideal solution since it was free and all of her group members were friends with her. Further, she tells you that your company should do the same thing. Explain whether or not you think that Facebook would be a proper venue for your developers to collaborate. Give at least three reasons for your answer.
- Imagine you were going to be teaching this class next semester and you were given the choice to teach it asynchronously distributed interface, synchronously distributed interface, or face-to-face. Choose one of these techniques to teach the class and describe why you chose the presentation style you did. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages associated with the style you chose. Week 7 DQ 1 “Quality of Service” Please respond to the following: Your design team presents a project to you, in which most inputs seem to have about a 1.5-second delay before a response. The lead designer has decided this response is acceptable. Analyze response-time models and decide if the response time in the presented project is acceptable. Explain why it is or is not. Evaluate the importance quality of service has to designers. Choose two areas discussed in the textbook you would focus your attention to ensure quality of service for a team of designers that you were managing. Justify your choices. Week 7 DQ 2 “Balancing Function and Fashion” Please respond to the following: Error messages are a key part of an overall interface design strategy of guidance for the user. Discuss strategies to ensure integrated, coordinated error messages that are consistent across an application. Choose the one topic covered in Chapter 11 (error messages, non-anthropomorphic design, display design, window design, and color) that creates the biggest challenge to achieving balance between function and fashion. Support your response. Week 8 DQ 1 “System Documentation” Please respond to the following: Ray and Jason have just finished developing the documentation for a system your team recently completed. Ray insists that the documentation should be printed in booklet format and included with the system. Jason insists that paper manuals are outdated and that the documentation should only be distributed electronically via DVD. Compare and contrast the use of online documentation and paper documentation. Then, make a decision about what documentation you will provide with your system and explain it to Ray and Jason. Debate whether or not to give credit to authors and designers of training manuals. Support your argument. Week 8 DQ 2 “Online Communities” Please respond to the following: Evaluate online tutorials and online communities in regard to helping users. Create an argument for the approach you find to be the most effective and explain why. From the e-Activity, evaluate at least two sites or tools for developing end user documentation. Discuss the abilities the sites or tools provide and how the sites or tools aid in the creation of user documentation. Make a suggestion to improve the site or tool. Week 9 DQ 1 “Searching Textual Documents” Please respond to the following: Your company has been hired to design a product that will provide searches of textual documents and database querying. Your design team has not developed a product like this before. Examine the challenges associated with searching in textual documents and database querying. Describe how the five-stage search framework shared in Chapter 13 could be used to overcome those challenges. Assess current multimedia document search techniques and suggest three techniques to improve multimedia search experiences. Explain why you chose to recommend each of the techniques you suggested. “Advanced Filtering” Please respond to the following: Describe the most effective advanced filtering and search interface. Argue why the interface you chose is more effective than others, and describe who benefits most from the interface you are describing. From the e-Activity, Google has been the dominant market leader for search engines for the past several years, despite a fairly basic interface and competition from competitors like Microsoft and Yahoo. Discuss reasons why Google has been able to maintain such a high market share. Also, suggest some ideas for a search engine that would be able to take market share away from Google. “Characterizing Data Types” Please respond to the following: Justify characterizing data types according to task taxonomy. Support your response. Assess the value to an interface designer, of being familiar with the seven basic tasks and create an argument for which three of the seven basic tasks are the most important to incorporate in a design. Week 10 DQ 2
- “Information Visualization” Please respond to the following: Despite increases in computing power and network bandwidth, many user interfaces are still largely text oriented, with a few icons and illustrations. Discuss at least three reasons why text-oriented interfaces are still the most common. Week 11 DQ 1 “Course Conclusion” Please respond to the following: Â· You have just completed 10 weeks of a computer and interaction design course. Imagine you have been asked to create a one-day training course highlighting the important elements of what you have just learned in the past 10 weeks. o Create a hierarchy of five (no more or no less) of the most important topics that you feel need to be addressed in this one-day course that best fits the course title of â€œComputer Interaction and Design: The Essentials Presented in One Day.â€ Give a detailed rationale for each of the five topics. Week 11 DQ 2 “Course Importance” Please respond to the following: Â· Using 140 characters or less (the length of a Tweet), summarize the importance of this class to someone unfamiliar with the concepts. Â· Discuss how you can apply the learning outcomes of this course to your professional and personal life. Apex Seekers aims to provide quality study notes and tutorials to the students of CIS 524 ALL WEEK DISCUSSION QUESTION Â i n order to ace their studies. Apex Seekers, CIS 524 ALL WEEK DISCUSSION QUESTION. Home Work Tutorials, Home Work Solutions, Home Work Essay, Home Work Questions.ACC 565 Wk 7 Assignment 3,Â ACC403 week 2 assignment,Â ACC565 Week 10,Â ACCT 212 (Financial Accounting), Â ACCT 344 (Entire Course) – Devry, ACCT 344 Final Exam Latest 2014 – Devry, Â ACCT 346 (Managerial Accounting),Â ACCT 346 Midterm Exam Updated DeVry,Â ACCT 504,Â ACCT 504 Week 8,Â ACCT 553,Â ART 101 Week 8,Â Ashford BUS 401,Â ASHFORD BUS 640,Â Ashford HIS 204,Â ASHFORD MAT 222 Week 3,Â BA 215 (Business Statistics),Â BA 215 All Assignments Week 1 -8 – Grantham,Â BA 225,Â BA 260,Â BA 265 (Business Law II),Â BA 265 (Business Law II) FINAL EXAM,Â BA 340 All Course Assignments,Â BA 340 Human Resource,Â BA 370 (Employment Law),Â BA 405 Multinational Management,Â BA 470 Week 3 – 5 – 6 – 7,Â BA 470 Entrepreneurship,Â BA350 Principles Of Finance,Â BIS 155 Final Exam – DeVry,Â BIS 220 Final Exam,Â BSOP 429,Â BSOP 434 Entire Course – Devry,Â BUS 303 Week 2,Â BUS 303 Week 3,Â BUS 303 Week 5,Â BUS 311 Business Law,Â BUS 330 Week 1,Â BUS 330 Week 3,Â BUS 330 Week 5,Â BUS 401 Week 4 DQ 1,Â BUS 401 Week 4 DQ 2,Â BUS 402 WEEK 4,Â BUS 405 (Principles of Investment),Â BUS 475,Â BUS 475 Final Exam 100 MCQS,Â BUS 475 Final Exam 600 MCQS,Â BUS 599 (STRAYER),Â BUS 599 Assignment,Â BUS 620 Week 4,Â BUS 640 Week 1,Â BUS499 Asignment 4,Â BUS508 Asignment 1,Â BUS499 Assignment 3. CIS 524 Week 3 DQ 2 Against their skill and discipline, the guerrillas were glass tossed at armor plate. When the pieces sell. Gilfoil began hoarsely, his voice quivering with emotion. The first aid kit was in the cupboard over the sink. Noncompliance would put him in contempt of the highest court in the land and constitute further grounds for impeachment - but why should that worry him. The Managuan stood cis 524 Week 3 DQ 2 for a moment, then fell, the knife quivering in his forehead like a large silver fish. And now one of these midgets had driven a blade through his foot. For starters, the doughnut man is late. Stockstill said, "Trying to reach Dangerfield. She pursed her lips in annoyance: he had taken too long to reply. He just happens to be living with my father again," Lori said as she absently ran her hand over a solid statute of a nude Rubenesque woman. He and his group had been poking around the still-contaminated crater. Remo looked back to Garrand. Hari had his own college in the library. Her gut was prodigal, the flex of the long muscles in her thighs nearly mythic, and strangely exciting. My destiny was to unite the Church of Cyric not by recovering the Cyrinishad, but by finding a different book and curing the One of his madness. Bin has at Ki himself, but Ki shrugs off the ineffective cis 524 Week 3 DQ 2 and heads home, content that justice has been served. Raiding must be poor along the Blood Sea coasts. Tfou know where I am if you want to find me again. Thinking begets, not only thought, but drowsiness occasionally, and the more the locksmith thought, the more sleepy he became. He made an effort to open his eyes. The Sword came up slightly. All of the members of the Chiss Squadron knew that, too. The real world was far too complex to distill down. BUSN 319 WEEK 2 DQ 1 PURCHASE DECISION PROCESS BUS 520 WEEK 4 ASSIGNMENT 2 â€“ INTEGRATING CULTURE AND DIVERSITY IN DECISION MAKING THE CEO AND ORGANIZATIONAL ACC 205 WEEK 3 EXERCISE 3 PERPETUAL INVENTORY SYSTEM JOURNAL ENTRIES ECO 550 Assignment 1 Making Decisions Based on Demand and Forecasting CIS 524 WEEK 2 DQ 1 stick CIS 524 Week 3 DQ 2 out again Art Cavanaugh reported that he had even heard Nike Quinto sigh with relief. Carrot straightened up from his habitual stoop. But the Federation had realized this, as well, during the time of its occupation of Leah and so had built roads through Clete
- and the Black Oaks to facilitate the movement of men and supplies. He threw a third time, and Little Bear jumped, grabbing the circle in his teeth. trembling CIS 524 Week 3 DQ 2 came past his Orb could under- stand why the typical Gypsy girl was sexually active before menarche, and a mother in her early teens. Above and below the crew area, in the tapering part of the dodecahedron, were the organics, with their intricate and puzzling architecture. ACC 206 WEEK 1 CHAPTER 1 EXERCISE 4 Get now! CIS 524 Week 3 DQ 2 Internal Server Error CIS 524 ALL WEEK DISCUSSION QUESTION CIS 524 Week 3 DQ 2 stick CIS 524 Week 3 DQ 2 out again trembling CIS 524 Week 3 DQ 2 came past his ACC 206 WEEK 1 CHAPTER 1 EXERCISE 4