The present document can't read!
Please download to view
Please download to view
Download Technology Vision 2016 - Overview
- People First: The Primacy of People in the Digital Age
- People First: Primacy of People in the Digital Age Every Business is a Digital Business Accenture Technology Vision: The Evolution From Digitally Disrupted to Digital Disrupter Digital Business Era: Stretch Your Boundaries2013 2014 2015 2016 Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved. 2
- Every year, the Technology Vision team partners with Accenture Research to pinpoint the emerging IT developments that will have the greatest impact on companies, government agencies, and other organizations in the next three to five years. As technology advancements continue to accelerate at an unprecedented rate - dramatically disrupting the workforce - companies that equip employees, partners and consumers with new skills can fully capitalize on these innovations. Those that do will have unmatched capabilities to continuously create fresh ideas, develop cutting- edge products and services, and disrupt the status quo. Winners in the Digital Economy Will Put People First Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved.
- Change is the new normal. According to our global technology survey of more than 3,100 IT and business executives, 86 percent of the executives anticipate that the pace of technology change will increase rapidly or at an unprecedented rate in their industry over the next three years. Many companies, already reeling from the impacts of technology and the changes they need to make in response, find themselves temporarily overwhelmed—some even paralyzed as they absorb the magnitude of the tasks ahead. Getting past the digital culture shock that so many businesses find themselves in today sounds daunting. But fortunately there are models already available for inspiration. Not only have many large tech companies established thriving digital cultures, but there are also early adopters in other industries showing the way ahead. Digital Culture Shock We are in the midst of a major technology revolution, specifically a digital revolution. Our research model and analysis shows that digital is now dominating every sector of the economy. Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved. 4
- People First: The Primacy of People in the Digital Age Intelligent Automation Liquid Workforce Platform Economy Predictable Disruption Digital Trust 5 The Accenture Technology Vision 2016 identifies five technology trends fueled by the people first principle and that are essential to business success in the digital economy. Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved.
- Technology Vision Evolution 2014–2016 Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved. 6
- Trend 1 Intelligent Automation The essential new co-worker for the digital age 7Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved.
- Intelligent automation is the launching pad for new growth and innovation. Powered by artificial intelligence, the next wave of solutions will gather unprecedented amounts of data from disparate systems and—by weaving systems, data and people together— create solutions that fundamentally change the organization, as well as what it does and how it does it. Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved.
- Trend 2 Liquid Workforce Building the workforce for today’s digital demands 9Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved.
- By exploiting technology to enable workforce transformation, leading companies will create highly adaptable and change-ready enterprise environments that are able to meet today’s dynamic digital demands. This liquid workforce competitive advantage is apparent as IT and business executives surveyed report that “deep expertise for the specialized task at hand” was only the fifth most important characteristic they required for employees to perform well in a digital work environment – other qualities such as ‘the ability to quickly learn’ or ‘shift gears’ were ranked higher. Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved.
- Trend 3 The Platform Economy Technology-driven business model innovation from the outside in 11Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved.
- Industry leaders are unleashing technology’s power by developing platform-based business models and strategies to capture new growth opportunities, ultimately driving the most profound change in the global macroeconomic environment since the Industrial Revolution. This is reinforced by 81 percent of our survey respondents who agree that platform-based business models will become part of their organization’s core growth strategy within three years. Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved. 12
- Trend 4 Predictable Disruption Looking to digital ecosystems for the next waves of change 13Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved.
- Fast-emerging digital ecosystems are creating the foundation for the next big wave of enterprise disruptions by straddling markets and blurring industry boundaries;; forward-thinking leaders can proactively predict these ecosystem trajectories to gain a competitive advantage. Companies are already significantly or moderately experiencing ecosystem disruption, with 81 percent of survey respondents indicating that they are seeing this in their industry. Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved.
- Trend 5 Digital Trust Strengthening customer relationships through ethics and security 15Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved.
- Trust is a cornerstone of the digital economy, said 83 percent of survey respondents. To gain the trust of individuals, ecosystems and regulators in this new landscape, businesses must focus on digital ethics as a core strategy;; better security, on its own, won’t be enough. Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved. 16
- The research process began during 2015 with gathering inputs from the Technology Vision External Advisory Board, a group comprising more than two dozen experienced individuals from the public and private sectors, academia, venture capital, and entrepreneurial companies. The Technology Vision team conducted interviews with technology luminaries and industry experts, as well as with nearly 100 Accenture business leaders. The team also tapped into the vast pool of knowledge and innovative ideas from professionals across Accenture, using Accenture’s collaboration technologies and a crowdsourcing approach to run an online contest to uncover the most interesting emerging technology themes. More than 3,200 participants actively engaged in the contest, contributing valuable ideas and voting on others’ inputs. Technology Vision Research Methodology As a shortlist of themes emerged from the research process, the Technology Vision team reconvened its advisory board. The board’s workshop, involving a series of ‘deep-dive’ sessions with Accenture leadership and external subject-matter experts, validated and further refined the themes. The screens used during these processes weighed the themes for their relevance to real-world business challenges. Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved. 17
- Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved. Technology Vision 2016 Survey Demographics For the second year, we conducted a global survey of more than 3,100 business and IT executives across 11 countries to understand their perspectives on the impact of technology on their organizations, and to identity their priority technology investments over the next few years. The survey was fielded from October through December 2015. 1 of 3
- Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved. Technology Vision 2016 Survey Demographics 2 of 3
- Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved. Technology Vision 2016 Survey Demographics 3 of 3
- Copyright © 2016 Accenture. All rights reserved. Thank you #techvision2016 www.accenture.com/technologyvision https://www.accenture.com/us-en/insight-technology-trends-2016?c=tech_tchvs16ss_10000001&n=smc_0116