1. Rise Above the Expected THE FUTURE OF THE SMART CAR ERA
2. The Electro Revolution It started 15 years ago, now this is where we are. 75% 79% 80% 100% 50% According to Marie McGehee4, 14 automakers control 80% of the global car marketeach one has a connected car strategy. Connected Car Strategy According to a 2010 study1 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, vehicular communication systems could help avoid 79% of all traffic incidences. Driverless cars are here to save us! Check out Googles2. Safety The 19 trillion dollar3 IoT opportunity is the contemporary gold rush. The automotive segment is growing 50% per year, 10 times more than the unconnected car branch. Industry Growth By 2020, BI Intelligence estimates5 that 75% of cars shipped globally will have the necessary hardware to allow people to stream music, look up movie times, be alerted with weather and traffic conditions, etc. Check out this infographic6 to learn more. Fast Development Now is 100% the right time to get involved in this industry. Soon we will see how Apple and Android got involved. Timing
3. Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Due to advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), cars will become much safer and more efficient as they grow increasingly aware-of and react-to the surrounding driving environment and conditions. 01 02 03 Adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, lane-departure warning, night vision, lane-keeping assist and collision warning systems with automatic steering and braking intervention Features Designed to prevent accidents by taking partial control of cars movements. Predictive These automated safe systems are paving the way for tomorrows fully autonomous cars. Freescale7 Future
4. Context Awareness in 4 Steps 01 02 03 04 A good computer system that is able to sync contextual-activities measures of the sensors and their intercommunication is needed. Syncing Contextual-Activities Measures Integrating technologies into an embedded control unit (ECU), with its own computer software would complicate the process, so we need Open Source Techs. Embedded Control Unit (ECU) A centralized approach and an open source framework is key. Systems are becoming more complex and even more technologies are going to be developed. Open Source Framework On one hand, they act as a funnel with a common approach that a developer would love. On the other hand, their flexibility lets different vendors provide information that is consumable by any driving controller. Open Source Techs
5. Android Auto vs. Apple CarPlay If CarPlay supports on Apples native messaging application, it will fall behind Android Auto. Apple CarPlay Android Auto features full support for integrating third-part messaging applications like Hangout, WhatsApp, Skype, and more. For absolute breadth of apps, Google takes the lead without a hitch. Andoid Auto A Connected Auto Challenge
6. Shifting Gears Atoomas Role Atooma Enters Now is the time to enter the IoT scene and Atooma developed a technology that would be the key enabler. Where We Look We look toward a future where the car puts in all the important information, automates it and leaves the driver to just turn the steering wheel. The Benefits Automating information provides major benefits of safety and pleasure to the automobilist and useful customizable sets of data. The Goal The goal is to peel off all the annoying and unnecessary parts of the driving experience turn it back into its essence: the travel and its charm.
7. Objectives How We Aim to Help Automotive Related Businesses Objective One: Suggest a preset of use cases (email, weather alert, etc.) that involve the drivers objects and apps in this keep-on-synchronizing process to accommodate daily needs. 1 Objective Two: Bring context and object awareness to inanimate objects, with intelligent reactions and suggestions based on the drivers needs or routines. 2
8. RELAX. LET ATOOMA DO IT. LOW FUEL LEVEL Did a sensor revel that the fuel level is low? This information will be taken and sent to the navigation system, which will instantly display the closest gas stations. LUNCH TIME Theres a nice restaurant that cooks the car owners favorite dish just around the corner. Suddenly, a notification appears. BREAKING NEWS What to know the breaking news while driving to work? Hear it read directly from the car speakers from the drivers favorite agency feed. Atooma takes sensors, collects their live data, analyzes them and consequently reacts in a smart and useful way. Give it a try.
9. Not Just For Consumers We Talk Business Too. INTEGRATION With more than 80 sensors, devices , and apps on mobile and wearable devices. READY TO USE Vertical smart actions based on two years of data from the app. SUGGESTION ENGINE API To deliver intelligent smart actions WHITE LABEL INTEGRATION For partners (automotive, brands, device manufacturers)
10. RISE ABOVE THE EXPECTED VISIT OUR BLOG AND READ THE FULL ARTICLE Share on:
11. RISE ABOVE THE EXPECTED Connect with us.
12. The Connected Car Report: Forecasts, competing technologies, and leading manufacturers 10 Hot Connected Car Trends for 2015 and Beyond Advanced Driver Assistant Systems (ADAS) Ford Showcasing Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication for Crash Avoidance Google Starts Driving Driverless Cars in Austin The Internet of Everything A $19 Trillion Dollar Opportunity 5 Connected Car Trends to Watch in 2015 WANT TO LEARN MORE? CHECK OUT OUR REFERENCES 2 7 1 4 6 3 5