- The Delivery & Transportation Management System (DTMS) for MS Dynamics NAV
The Delivery & Transportation Management System (DTMS) for MS Dynamics NAV
- 1. Delivery & Transportation Management System for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Getting Started
- 2. Contents • Inroduction • Installation • Setup • Resources: Drivers & Vehicles • Delivery (Transport) Order • Transportation (flight, haul) • Allocation & Routing • Contacts
- 3. Inroduction • The Delivery & Transportation Management System (DTMS) for Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a functional prototype of business solution for delivery department in the distribution, manufacturing or service companies that have their own or outsourcing transports and drivers. • You can free download source code of DTMS for testing, implementation and modification for your own solution development (http://sites.google.com/site/dtmsysdev/downloads) • Current version of the DTMS is for NAV 2009 (W1 R2) Classic Client.
- 4. Installation • For installing and testing the DTMS you must use Microsoft Dynamics NAV license for development. The most of the C/SIDE objects of this solution have 1234567xx-numbers. Also, you may renumber objects in range you need.
- 5. Installation • Warning: during the DTMS testing you must work in a database for testing but not in your enterprise database. • Import objects from file:
- 6. Objects. Tables
- 7. Objects. Forms
- 8. Objects. Reports
- 9. Objects. Codeunits
- 10. Objects. MenuSuite
- 11. Setup “Target Company For Processing” - the setup parameter to determine company name where Delivery (or Transport) Orders are processing.
- 12. Resources. Driver
- 13. Resources. Vehicle
- 14. Delivery Order. Doc-sources Purchase/Sales Invoice, Purchase/Sales Order, Purchase/Sales Credit Memo, Purchase/Sales Return Order, Transfer Order are the document-sources for Delivery Orders.
- 15. Delivery Order. Create In the DTMS’s prototype, there is processing only report for making Delivery Order. In the real system you may integrate function from report with different document-sources (orders, invoices and so on). Also, you may create Delivery (Transport) Order manually.
- 16. Delivery Order
- 17. Transportation Journal
- 18. Allocation & Routing Delivery Orders and Transportation Planner (DOT-Planner) More information on - http://sites.google.com/site/dtmsysdev/documentation Automatic heuristic script which compares set of delivery orders and set of vehicles, and allocates ones between others, and plans routes for minimum costs.
- 19. Contacts Alexander A. Stepanov e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org http://sites.google.com/site/dtmsysdev for consultation, support and training