Conducting PMBOK Projects (downloadable)
MBA-TM academic presentation. Trans + references. Overview of project management needs at a fictitious company.
- 1.Conducting Projects at RAE Presented by: Mark Carlson MPM655-02 August 31, 2008 For: Dr. Michael H. Flanagan Developed for the Customer Service Department
- What is Project Management?
- The de facto guide for project management
- The PM team ensures process compliance and organizational pertinence
- CS feedback increases project success
- Project boundaries established
- Kick off meetings carried out for project stakeholders
Process Groups 5.
- Constrained by Project Charter and Scope
Process Groups continued
- Insights to project health
- May initiate achanges to PMP
6. Knowledge Areas 7. Knowledge Areas continued 8. Knowledge Areas continued 9. Putting it All Together Initiating Planning Executing Controlling Closing Integration Kick off meeting Project Plan development Project Plan execution Submitting Change Control forms Scope Scope identification Scope verification Change control Time Schedule planning Schedule management Cost Resource planning Budgeting WBS Development Cost control Quality Cost /Benefit Analysis Requirement planning Quality assurance Quality control 10. Activities continued Initiating Planning Executing Controlling Closing HR Organizational planning Staff acquisition Team development Communication Comm. Plan developmentComm. Plan execution Performance reporting Data archivingRisk Risk Identification and Analysis Risk Mitigation Risk Monitoring & Controlling Procurement Vendor requirements identification Contract development Contract administration Vendor performance reporting Contract closeout 11.
- Freedman, R. (2002). Encourage success by following PMIs knowledge areas. Retrieved August 31, 2008 fromhttp://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1051548.html
- Kerzner, H. (2006). Project management: A systems approach to planning, scheduling, and controlling. (9 thedition). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- PMBOK Guide. (2004) . Project management body of knowledge.Newton Square, PA: Project Management Institute, Inc.
- PMI. (2007). PMI Marketplace. Retrieved August 31, 2008 fromhttp://www.pmi.org/Marketplace/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?GMProduct=00100035801
- PMI. (2007). PMI Why Join PMI? Retrieved August 31, 2008 fromhttp://www.pmi.org/GetInvolved/Pages/Why-Join-PMI.aspx
- Rothman, J, (2004).How technical does a project manager have to be?Retrieved July 10, 2008 fromhttp://www.jrothman.com/weblog/2004/12/how-technical-does-project-manager.html