- How to use Email Marketing and Social Media together
How to use Email Marketing and Social Media together
Marc Munier takes you through how you can better use your email marketing with social media and what lessons email marketing can learn from social media.
- 1. Email and Social Media What can we learn?
- 2. What do we mean by social media? From Wikipedia: At its most basic sense, social media is a shift in how people discover, read and share news, information and content... transforming people from content readers into publishers.
- 3. Why do I care about social media? Google Juice LinkedIn Video Twitter Foursquare
- 4. Why does it matter? Browsing is DEAD! Question: what has the most influence on your web browsing habits? People (friends, family, colleagues)?? Advertising (TV, radio, banners)?? Editorial (magazines, online, blogs)??
- 5. Browsing is still dead We use filters and tools We do searches and we get alerts Bookmarking: Delicious Microblogging: Twitter Social Networking: LinkedIn/Facebook Blogging: Wordpress Social Media: YouTube
- 6. Build it and they will come? There is no magic There are no voices This isnt Hollywood You may believe in magic but it may not happen Its just you and your team and 50 zillion other web sites
- 7. Twitter Peoples attention span is short ......and getting shorter Twitters success is down to its bite sized approach, Just 140 characters
- 8. Keep it short Long is bad Every single email campaign could be.... shorter
- 9. Promoting Email in Twitter Auto DMs Tweet when you publish your newsletter Give people choices
- 10. Blogs Loads of things to learn here: Comments Make it a 2 way thing Informative Give people value Regularity People get used to it
- 11. Facebook Using email with facebook: Get signup pages on your Fan pages Promote the benefits of being subscribed What can email learn? Be targeted, very targeted People have an almost insatiable appetite for content
- 12. Content is no longer king! Relevant sharable content is the new ruler... Social Share isnt enough Chop Chop! No rehashed PR Invest in content
- 13. What challenges are there? Getting buy in Getting that all important content You need.... a plan Clearly defined business objectives No one makes money from followers Track KPIs monthly Against CONVERSIONS
- 14. Summary Social media is important You have the power to make the most of it Email marketing can augment and learn from SM If you are investing in social media, plan for it.
- 15. What challenges are YOU facing? Open discussion time......... Twitter: @marcmunier LinkedIn: www.linkedIn.com/in/marcmunier Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01273 647880 Flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/Pure360