Success is Broken
Success is Broken because our education system, and the old advice about how to build a career, and the collapse of the command and control management hierarchy...they're all in the way. The New Economy is waaaay better for building a life of satisfaction, flow and financial independence, BUT it's gonna take a very different approach...this deck will show you the basics.
- SUCCESS IS BROKEN
- In 4th grade I saw a conflict b/t being who I was and being SUCCESSFUL. Flicker/amrufm
- Study hard Get a degree Get a job Work hard Make money I was told Be Happy
- But then I began to ask;
- If people are so happy, why cant they wait to stop working?
- If people are so happy, why are so many, so sick and tired?
- Flicker/Brandon Doran And why are so many angry?
- Flicker/Vesna Pukich Tiricovska Hmmm
- Flicker/Lel4nd I consumed books, speeches, and seminars on how to be SUCCESSFUL jFlicker/joaoa
- Because 24 years of school sure as heck didnt give me a clue Flicker/kevin dooley
- I did the work to implement what I READ and HEARD
- Flicker/Pierre-Olivier But it was hit or miss to be honest
- Finally I began to see that the success I envied, was different
- The people I envied were living the most integrated lives mars75
- They began, and came from a focused INTENTION Flicker/country_boy_shane
- And DIDNT...
- Focus on money Flicker/Anil Mohabir
- And people, the right people, wanted in on it
- Opportunities flowed toward them
- They didnt obsess over management fads, because they werent managers
- They were leaders Flicker/Hamed Saber
- Leaders of people who WANTED what they wanted Flicker/crsan
- This life is available to anyone who wants it, Flicker/h.koppdelaney
- but its rarely available in a J O B
- A J.O.B. is designed to make you a C.O.G. Flicker/Kevin Walsh
- JOBs are designed to make you a COMMODITY orpheus.asia
- The goal of business is to automate, outsource, or eliminate
- If you are a COMMODITY you will always be in the SLAUGHTER LINE
- Yeah, I know, your teachers didnt tell you this either
- And if youre waiting for the economy or the government to change this, dont Flicker/Grgory Tonon
- waste your time
- Because they CANT, and they WONT
- Weve been here before Danka Peter
- A century ago we had a big innovation: the combustion engine Flicker/kevin dooley
- And we used them to replace horses so we could farm with less people gozha.net
- Those people went to cities, changing the social fabric of the US Linh Nguyen
- And a new business structure was invented, called the J. O. B.
- All this change even lead to political reconfigurations wikimedia.org
- Can you see the cycle?
- And here we are againthe internet innovation Flicker/striaSc
- Flicker/ mkhmarkeSng And social relationship changes
- And now, its time for a new business structureagain Galymzhan Abdugalimov
- Can you see the cycle?
- Cuz this is broken
- And cuz people dont want no stinkin COG Jobs anyway
- By 2020 40% of the workforce will not work in a traditional J.O.B. Ilham Rahmansyah 40%
- So now that J.O.B.s are going A.W.A.Y. Flicker/Victor1558
- you get to be what you really want to be Flicker/mark sebasSan
- ...on your terms
- So in this bold new world
- How will we find work? Alejandro Escamilla
- How will work find us? Flicker/Daniel Wehner
- And how will we get it all done?
- Ahhh, I thought youd never ask Flicker/Ahmed Rabea
- Thats where our bold plan comes in Flicker/nic519
- Figure out what the Business of YOU is Learn how to market and sellYOU Learn how to coordinate with others FAST Step One: Learn The Fundamentals For 21st Century success
- Step Two: Train Together Practice fundamentals withYOUR project to shape your own career identity And become who youre really supposed to be
- Step Three: Harness our Power Organize ourselves into a high integrity Network So we can find each other And partner in the new economy
- Nicholas Swanson And this is how we fix successtogether
- We define it our way Flicker/pedrosimoes7
- We survive and thrive as humans did for 1,000s of years before we invented J.O.B.s
- As a Tribe
- The networks are up and running Flicker/cogdogblog
- Its our Fundamental Humanware that needs upgrading
- We have the HUMANWARE upgrade for the 21st Century.
- We just need the right HUMANS
- Are you ready? Flicker/Carlos Photography www.tribalequity.com/broken Download the TRIBALFESTO at