- Connected Car - App Developer Conference, Car Connectivity Consortium @ MWC 2014
Connected Car - App Developer Conference, Car Connectivity Consortium @ MWC 2014
Inaki Amate, Group Director of Fjord Nordics and Turkey, shared insights on the future of the connected car at this years Mobile World Congress.
- FJORD is the service design consultancy We differentiate providers in ways that create an emotional bond between the customer and the service. Our business is delight.
- Cars used to bring people together Now, mobile phones do the same
- Access is the new Ownership
- Car as a service People want to go from point A to point B There is a difference between every days needs and exceptional usage And there are additional choices that complicate the decision making process
- We should think in ecosystems and lifecycles
- We should design for the end of th cycle as well
- Who will own the design of the driving experience Different levels of attention requires different interaction methods It needs to be considered altogether Invisible interfaces are not perfect yet
- Less driving, more entertainment Car interfaces have not changed much over their history. Because, driving stayed the same, however with smart software based systems and even driverless cars, interfaces can become more screen based ever.
- Crowd-sourcing to Car-sourcing Connected car is not only about connecting cars to the cloud but also connecting them to each other. For sharing valuable data: Traffic Weather Incident reports Emergency
- Connected cars today should prepare the road towards the autonomous car