- Mapping the customer experience with customer experience journey maps
Mapping the customer experience with customer experience journey maps
Do you know what your organization looks like from your customers perspective? In the digital age, silos and organizational bureaucracy manifest themselves through your digital presence. You can bridge these silos and overcome a bureaucratic inside-out mindset by visualizing the customer (learner, elder, citizen) experience through a customer experience journey map that captures both actual and emotional aspects of the customer experience. Then, map in hand, you can use it to write great outside-in customer experiences for your organization.
- mapping thecustomerexperiencecustomer experience journey maps cstreet.us flickr
- connect & attract compellingadvocate captures imagination orienting reverberating orient help them you just have navigate the to try this world generative embedded promise more become part good things of their livesextend & retain interact The Experience Cycle, Hugh Dubberly http://bit.ly/qhGLuQ
- only thing I can do is copy everything thats happened into an email and send it on so, youre saying the you misplaced the service tech closed the Im calling with your issue insurance claim one of the ticket & since you dont number service techs filed, so he have an open ticket, you no open ticket has to do another visit to cant do anything until you prepare the claim? send out another tech to no record of claim open a new ticket? 2 weeks later make it to 2nd level service why I havent been called back? the visit was so the notices damage, takes pictures service tech could give the & fills in clam form brand new service shows up & asks why am I go ahead to replace the dishwasher! takes pictures & fills in here? whats wrong with claim form youve got to be the dishwasher? 2 weeks later kidding me... what a way to make me feel warm & fuzzy guess they havent heard of the plain English campaign months (and lots of hair pulling) laterWell replace the dishwasher. But a service techhas to give the go ahead. Well send one over.
- connect & attractadvocate no content to enable decision making no proactive detract orient education, incorr you really dont want to go through this ect use fail to know me, fail dissolving rubber, to resolve issues, fail mould, leaking, no to educate during troubleshooting, disencextend & retain service, misplace documents hanted service tech interact
- Empathy is not walking in anothers shoes. First, you mustremove your own. Scott Cook, Founder Intuit
- Statistics are merely indicators. Like numbers and gauges on thedashboard of a car. No single reading can advise on the health of the car. The gauges, along with the sound of the car itself, the handling, look and feel, and smell of burning rubber all combine togive an indication that your beloved motor may be under the weather. art of community
- journey maps promote emotional contact withinsight, distilling research into a concise, visuallycompelling story of the customers experience design for service???? this is service design???
- experience as story
- Emotions determine memorywhen we recount a memory, were sharing theexperience of the story we created, not the actualexperience http://bit.ly/p5Cgfq
- customers always have an experience(good, bad, or indifferent) Managing the Total Customer Experience, MIT Sloan http://bit.ly/og9wJx
- Consciously and our emotional brain (95%)unconsciously filter cluesand organize them intorationaland our rational brainemotionalimpressions
- emotionsinfluence whatweremember, how we evaluateencounters,& ourdecisions Designing the Soft Side of Customer Service, MIT Sloan http://bit.ly/oYEQIX
- trustis a primitivepsychologicalvariableessential tobuildingrelationships
- controlover ourenvironment andknowledge ofhow events aregoing to evolveis fundamentalpsychologicalneed
- experiencesare the stories you tell yourself as a result of interactions with emotional resonance processes misery inside out systems moments which happen at touchpoints Brandon Schauer, The (Near) Future of Managing Experiences http://bit.ly/pMumzn
- Customerexperienceis the full, end-to-endexperience.It starts when you first hearabout Amazon from a friend,and ends when you get thepackage in the mail and open it.Jeff Bezos
- Customerexperienceis the perceptionthat customershave of theirinteractions withan organization.Bruce Temkin
- Rather than creatinga set of messagesand images thatassociate a companyand its products withemotionalvalues, experiencepioneers will befocused on creatinga business thatdelivers the brand asan experienceincorporating thesevalues. How to Lead the Customer Experience http://bit.ly/pbHAXX
- brand as design interactionsexperience connect emotionally foster sense of control build trust and magic outside inmoments relationships help people make informed decisions engage in conversation
- lifetimeexperiencefrom the first time they goto our web site through thelast time they ever use oneof our cars and decide notto be a member any more.[We] map that cycle andfollow it.Scott Griffith, CEO Zipcar
- We dont do advertisingany more. We just do coolstuff, it sounds a bitwanky, but thats just theway it is. Advertising is allabout achievingawareness, and we nolonger need awareness.We need tobecome part ofpeoples lives anddigital allows us todo that.Simon Pestridge, Nike UK
- Youve gotta start with the customer experienceand work backwards to the technology. Steve Jobs
- what is the experienceyoure trying to deliver?
- ask provocative questions what will the future look like for information rich environments learning aging living a healthy life
- who is your who?
- aka the hero (not passive user)
- consumer of healthsick patient products and services Reframing Health, Hugh Dubberly
- aging as medical elder problem to managenursing home human habitat (relationships)orderlies, aids, nurses Shahbazimreceive care give and receive care
- student lifelong learner
- provider of mentor ofapplications heroesand whoservices to activelypassive chart theirusers own journeys
- What do they THINK & FEEL & FEAR? what really counts major preoccupations worries & aspirationsWhat do they What do theyHEAR? SEE? boss environment colleagues friends influencers colleagues friends what work offers What do they SAY & DO? attitude in public appearance behavior towards others PAIN GAIN fears | frustrations | obstacles wants/needs | measures of success | obstacles Source: XPLANE and Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder
- heroes arent Vulcanspeople are ruled by emotion, not logic what does this do? how does this make me feel? how much does it cost? does it provide meaning or pleasure? what are the features? how will it affect me?
- elder learnerask what value as a mentor you offer your hero as they chart their journey
- what are theyexperiencing?
- map the story of their current journey (an experience audit)
- collect internal insights develop hypothesis research customerprocesses, needs, perceptions analyze customer research map the journey visually Bruce Temkin, Mapping the Customer Journey http://bit.ly/nsd...