- Sketching badly is good, UX Australia 2014
Sketching badly is good, UX Australia 2014
Various styles of sketching are used in UX and these will be demonstrated. Im no artist, but I can sketch. They are funny or odd and are definitely not fine works of art. While my sketches are bad, they are good because anyone can do them and they serve to communicate whats needed in the design process. About Caronne Carruthers-Taylor: Im a passionate and experienced UX Designer. Ive worked in both public and private sectors, and enjoy applying user experience principles and practices at both the strategic and project levels. I love UX because people and design thinking are the most important aspects of any design.
- 1. Caronne Carruthers-Taylor presents
- 2. WORKS OF ART
- 3. Beautiful Finelydetailed Time-consuming Specialist work Distracting Alienating Source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/vince-low
- 4. NOT WORKS OF ART
- 5. Source: http://www.tashibrowandskinstudio.com/images/fc-hrt.jpg
- 6. Writing on the wall: Scribbles on a whiteboard made by Google Maps co-founder Noel Gordon as his start-up negotiated its sale to Google in 2004 http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/revealed-the-whiteboard-doodles- that-became-google-maps-20140826-108een.html
- 7. FRIENDS & UX COLLEAGUES DANIELA
- 8. Sketching makes me think through a problem & the options I have to solve it.
- 9. CHRIS
- 10. A visual communication tool. Brings business meeting & workshop outputs to life. Encourages people to participate.
- 11. ELISA
- 12. Brainstorm and refine design concepts. Its a highly focussed creative activity away from any distractions.
- 13. CARONNE
- 14. Sketch to explore, innovate & communicate. Sketch first then iterate. Practice & have fun!
- 15. RUTH
- 16. Love it! Useful for all design phases. Draw often, don't be afraid.
- 17. ONE LAST THING
- 18. REMEMBER
- 19. REMEMBER Humanise your work whenever you can. Use simple, low-fidelity, line drawings. Sketch to communicate, explore & innovate. You dont have to be an artist! Learn what works for you.
- 20. LINKS http://www.inspireux.com/2010/06/28/50-sketching-resources-for-user-experience- designers/ http://www.uxbooth.com/articles/tools-for-sketching-user-experiences/ http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/12/13/the-messy-art-of-ux-sketching/ http://www.lynnecazaly.com.au/sketch-videos-lynne-cazaly/ http://www.billbuxton.com/ - Sketching user experiences (book)
- 21. Thank you! Caronne Carruthers-Taylor @caronne https://www.linkedin.com/in/caronne