- Designing Course-Based, Student-Faculty Collaborative Research Projects Using Digital Tools
Designing Course-Based, Student-Faculty Collaborative Research Projects Using Digital Tools
Presentation for the 2014 St. Edward's University Teaching Symposium
- 1. Designing Course-Based, Student- Faculty Collaborative Research Projects Using Digital Tools!
- 2. Slides, Resources, Contacts! http://sites.stedwards.edu/ instructionaltechnology/ " Rebecca Frost Davis, Director, Instructional and Emerging Technology, email@example.com " Pongracz Sennyey, Director, Munday Library, firstname.lastname@example.org"
- 3. Wheaton College Digital History Project! Kathryn Tomasek, Associate Professor of History" History methods course" Transcribing & encoding archives" Partners: archivist, technologist, librarian"
- 4. Day Book" Daily accounting of transactions that reect the many business activities of Laban Morey Wheaton between 1828 and 1859" " NEH DH Start-up grant: Encoding Financial Records for Historical Research "
- 5. Collaborative Research Assignment! Stage 1: Background Reading in Secondary Sources" Stage 2: Transcription and Coding of Daybook Page Spreads" Stage 3: Writing and Editing Episodes for the History Engine" Stage 4: Writing a Paper Based on Primary Sources"
- 6. Google Doc for Collecting Data!
- 7. Publications! Tomasek, Kathryn, Scott Hamlin, Zephorene Stickney, and Kathleen Ebert-Sawasky. Encoding Text, Revealing Meaning: Implications of the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) for Small Liberal Arts Colleges. International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society. 1, no. 3 (2006): 157164." Encoding Financial Records for Historical Research, Level I Digital Humanities Start-Up Grant, NEH, $25,000" Tomasek, Kathryn. Encoding Financial Records. Journal of Digital Humanities 2 (Spring 2013). http://journalofdigitalhumanities.org/2-2/encoding-nancial-records- by-kathryn-tomasek/. " Tomasek, Kathryn, and Syd Bauman. Encoding Financial Records for Historical Research. Journal of the Text Encoding Initiative, no. Issue 6 (September 26, 2013). doi:10.4000/jtei.895. http://jtei.revues.org/895 "
- 8. Enduring Women!
- 9. Process Checklist for Integrating Digital Humanities Projects into Courses! 1. Connecting Course and Project" 2. Scaffolding and Chunking" 3. Collaborative Teaching" 4. Logistics" " http://rebeccafrostdavis.wordpress.com/ 2012/09/13/process-checklist-for-integrating- digital-humanities-projects-into-courses/ "
- 10. Thank you! St. Edwards University" Thank you.! St. Edwards University" Thank you.! St. Edwards University" Thank you.! St. Edwards University" Thank you.! St. Edwards University"