How do viruses, bacteria and protists impat our lives in both positive and negative ways?By: Tiffany wong H
1. Health and medicineDo you believe that bacteria can help you keep healthy. Without bacteria you wont be that healthy. In you digestive system the bacteria help you digest the food that your body cannot digest. Some bacteria also makes vitamins that your body needs. Others fill in the empty space with disease causing organisms. They prevent the harmful bacteria from attaching into your intestines and make you sick.
2. FuelFuel: change harmful substances in oil into harmless substances.
3. FoodHelp us make many new kinds of food.Example changing milk into, sour cream, yogurt, Cheese and many more. Without helpful bacteria you wont be having that much food to choose from.
1. Reproducing harmful bacteriaBacteria can spread easily, and if a harmful bacteria attaches to your body and injects the genetic material into your body then you will be sick. A bacteria reproduces quicky, once every 20 minutes.
2. Spoiling foodBacteria can spoil the food when they breakdown the foods chemicals. Food spoils when they smell or tastes foul and can make you sick.You can slow down the food from spoiling by heating, drying, salting or smoking food.
1. Gene TherapyIn Gene Therapy the scientists take advantage of a virus ability to get inside a host cell.
2. multiplyingThe scientists can change the bad genetic material inside the virus and put good genetic material then hen the virus multiplies , then all the multiplied virus will be good virus.
So when that kind of virus gets attached in your body they will keep producing good genetic materials and more of good kind of virus.
1. Causes Diease Viruses are non living cells but they also cause disease. Some disease like cold sore are mild.But when they cause disease like AIDS or Syndrome that can cause death.
1. CarrageenanCarrageenan they are used in icecream and hair conditioner.
2. ZooflagellateZooflagellate lives in your intestines and help termites.Digests the wood that the termites eat, producing sugar for themselves and termites.
3.Algins Algins are used as thinkeners in food like pudding and salad dressing.
Negatives of Protists
1. Hikers DiseaseWhen an wild animal deposits in a river or lake and a person drinks the water containing Giardia, the zooflagellates attach to the persons intestine where they will feed and reproduce.
2. Water molds destroying cropsWater molds live in water or in moist places. Water molds and downy mildews also attack food crops like potatoes, cabbages, corn and many more.