Social Media Presentation - 2009
An overview of Social Media and why you need to join the conversation right now!
- 1. Social Media -What Really Works
- 2. What Is Social Media?
Social Media is a complex, organic Online Conversation
An open-communication network powered by:
- Social Networks
- 3. Blogs
- 4. Microblogging
- 5. Video / Photo Sharing
- 6. Message Boards
- 7. Social Gaming
- 8. Podcasts
- 9. Real Simple Syndication (RSS)
- 10. What Is Social Media?
The power to define and control the conversation surrounding a brand is shifting from companies and institutions to individuals and communities.
Telling and Selling is dead.
Jim Stengal, Chief Global Marketing Officer, Procter and Gamble
- 11. What Social Media Is Not
Controllable by You
Easy to Measure
Social Media is Not Just Another Place to Publish Your Advertising
- 12. Social Media sites are the fastest-growing category on the Web. Traffic doubled from last year.
73% of active online users have read a blog
45% have started their own blog
39% subscribe to an RSS feed
57% have joined a social network
55% have uploaded photos
83% have watched video clips
Customers / Employees / Investors / Critics / Fans / Prospects
- 13. Why You Should Listen
Of all online users
...91% say consumer reviews are the #1 aid to buying decisions.
- JC Williams Group
...87% trust a friends recommendation over critics review.
- Marketing Sherpa
...47% say social
media sites influence their decisions to
purchase specific brands or services.
...3 times more likely to trust peer opinions over advertising for purchasing decisions.
- Jupiter Research
- 14. Business-to-Business Is Using Social Media
Next Year More Blogs
- 15. The Nature of People
We want to do business with people they
- 16. Three Main Sites
- 17. Others To Consider
- 18. More than 300 million active users.
- 50% of active users long onto Facebook in any given day.
- 19. The fastest growing demographic - 35 years old and older.
- 20. Average user has 130 friends on the site.
- 21. More than 45 million active user groups exist on the site.
- 22. Has over 15 billion photos - adding photos at a rate of 850 million photos a month.
- 23. Over 50 million professionals use LinkedIn to exchange information, ideas and opportunities.
- Members are in over 200 countries & territories around the world.
- 24. A new member joins approximately every second.
- 25. Half of the members are outside the U.S.
- 26. Executives from all Fortune 500 companies are members.
- 27. More than 300 million active users.
US Adult Twitter Users, 2008-2010 (millions & % of adult Internet users).
Note: Ages 18+; Internet users who access Twitter via any platform at least monthly.
Source: eMarketer, September 2009
- 28. More than 25 million people
visited in the past 30 days (as of 8-2009)
- Yelpers have written over 7 million local reviews.
- 29. In addition to reviews, you can use Yelp to find events, special offers, lists and to talk with other Yelpers.
- 30. Every business owner (or manager) can setup a free account to post offers, photos and message her customers
- 31. Blog Is The Centerpiece
- 32. Blogging Facts
Search Engine Friendly (SEO)
Dialogue with your Customers
Hear Customer Feedback
Communicate with blogging community
Allows for distribution via RSS
Facilitates both Push & Pull content interaction
- 33. Social Media Examples
- 34. Social Media Examples
- 35. Social Media Examples
- 36. Social Media Examples
- 37. Social Media Examples
- 38. Social Media Examples
- 39. Social Media Examples
- 40. Social Media Examples
- 41. Social Media Roadmap
- 42. Social Media Roadmap
First Step Know Your Audience
Create A Strategy Integrate
Commit Resources & Time
Dont Be Afraid
- 43. 27
- 44. Thank You
Marketing & Management Consulting