Bridging The Gap Presentation
A presentation delivered to at the University of Alberta Faculty of Rehabilitation(10 July, 2009)
- 1. Web 2.0 A potential bridge for the theory-practice divide
Merrolee Penman, Otago Polytechnic
Jeannine Millstead, Edith Cowan University
- 2. Greetings
- 3. Objective....
Understand how new social networking tools (web 2.0) may assist therapists, researchers, philosophers and academics to overcome the theory-practice divide to increasingly collaborate on local and global issues
- 4. Why the divide?
- 5. Where do we come together?
- 6. What happens when academics and clinicians come together?
(Seely Brown & Adler, 2005)
- 7. What have we had Web 1.0
- 8. Whats Web 2.0 and what does it offer?
Web 2.0 tools enable building of networks which provide a natural framework for participation, collaboration and sharing amongst a community of users
- 9. Which tools are Web 2.0?
- 10. What is being used now?
- Social bookmarking
- 11. Blogging
- 12. Collaborative Writing Wikis/Google
- 13. Twitter
- 14. Images