Learn Collaboratively with Free Web Tools and Apps
Find links & resources here https://simplek12.titanpad.com/808
- Shellyterrell.com Learn Collaboratively with Free Web Tools
- It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed. - Napoleon Hill
- Students shape their learning & the curriculum Instructor(s) builds the foundation & provides various opportunities for learners to collaboratively create and curate the content and resources Students learn from & support each other Howard Rheingold Peeragogy.com Co-learning & Peeragogy
- PearlTree Pinterest Livebinders List.ly Which collaborative bookmarking tool? Storify Educlipper
- Pearltree.com Pearltrees.com/shellyterrell/integrating-web-2/id8081935
- Add comments & descriptions Pinterest.com/eneasydido
- Video/ Audio/ Portfolio Image by Adam Bellow, Founder
- Lets brainstorm!
- Linoit.com & Free App All Devices
- Padlet.com & Works on Mobile Devices
- Set-up Your Own Community Facebook Wants a New Face by rishibando, Flickr
- Google +, Communities & Hangouts on Air
- Events Categories Search Links Home Page Events Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc., used with permission. Google Plus Communities
- Cool Features
- Google Hangouts
- Google Drive Create pptx, spreadsheets, documents, etc. Create collaboratively Acts as a cloud Organize/Share folders Free mobile app for all formats Work offline, saves online
- Draw collaboratively with Scootdoodle.com
- Appear.In & IOS App
- Drawp for Schools IOS Free App Drawing + photo + voice Collaborative assignments
- Share Board IOS App- Up to 32 can draw, sketch & discuss
- Character Texts Record voice messages, share pics, text Asynchrous Gives you a link for IOS Group chats for 500 Voxer IOS/Android App
- Recommended Tools
- What are your time management options? What archiving options does it have? How user-friendly is it for everyone? What are your communication options? What are your storage options? What to consider:
- What does it take for an online team to work?
- Unwillingness to be flexible Cultural insensitivity Cultural misunderstanding Lack of communication of deadlines, project details, roles, duties, etc. Time zone differences Mutual misunderstanding of cultural customs in negotiation & communication (nonverbal and verbal) Potential Problems
- Unwillingness to compromise Mishandling of conflict Inexperience in communicating with English language learners Students need experience in communicating with non- native English speakers. Potential Problems
- Every team needs a good leader! Establish a mission Designate roles & tasks Set due dates Communicate regularly Keep your team moFvated Be exible, paFent, & open to ideas
- Meet & Greet
- 400 million people speak English as a 1st language 1.4 billion people speak English as a 2nd language
- Be aware of international communication differences!
- Time zones!
- Google Calendar Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc., used with permission.
- Google Calendar Labs Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc., used with permission.
- World Buddy Clock
- AlteredimagebyLukeWroblewski,Flic.kr/p/gS7txD The number one benefit of educational technology is that it empowers people to do what they want to do. It lets people be creative. It lets people be productive. It lets people learn things they didn't think they could learn before, and so in a sense it is all about potential. - Steve Ballmer
- ShellyTerrell.com Bit.ly/ShellTerrell T: @ShellTerrell Facebook.com/ShellyTerrell Google.com/+ShellySanchezTerrell