TechSoup's product donation program includes easy-to-use Flip video cameras that allow you to share your library and community stories. Find out how public libraries are using this technology as a tool for making connections, recording library events, and sharing knowledge.
- 1.Flip-in' Out @ the Library June 17, 2010 Audio is only available by calling this number: Conference Call: 866-740-1260; Access Code: 6339392 Sponsored by
2. Using ReadyTalk
- If you lose your internet connection, reconnect using the link emailed to you.
- If you lose your phone connection, re-dial the phone number and re-join.
- ReadyTalk support:800-843-9166
3. You are being recorded
- Streaming into Second Life-Nonprofit Commons
- This seminar will be available on the TechSoup website along with past webinar presentations:
- You will receive a link to this presentation, material and links.
- After the webinar, you can ask follow-up questions in the Virtual Community Forum:
- Twitter hashtags: #techsoup
4. Flip-in' Out @ the LibrarySponsored by Presenters: Kelly Czarnecki and Royce Kitts 5. Todays Speakers Stephanie Gerding TechSoupfor Libraries Assisting with chat questions and tweeting: Chris Peters, Sarah Washburn and Stephanie Parker, TechSoup Royce Kitts Tonganoxie Public Library, KS Kelly Czarnecki Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, NC 6. Agenda
- How are Libraries Using Flip videos?
- Whats Best about Flip cameras?
- How to Request a Flip Donation
7. Slides here 8. From Librarian in Black: SJPL's shipment of branded Flip cameras. Sweet techie goodness! 9. TechSoup for Libraries Flips Brenda was recording a session during a MaintainIT Steering Committee meeting at the TechSoup office, while Janet (on the screen) participated from Maine (she could see us, too), and Lea giggled. 10. Flip-in Out with: 11. Creating a Video Library Tour 12. Library Events 13. How Easy Is the Flip to Use? 14. Storytime Anytime 15. Library Events 16. Flip-in Out with Charlotte Mecklenburg Library 17. Charlotte Mecklenburg Librarys Photo Policy Photos and videos that appear on the library's websites may be gathered from public programs, events, and library spaces. Photos, images and videos submitted by users for online galleries or contests may also be used by the Library for promotional purposes. To ensure the privacy of individuals and children, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without written approval from the photographed subject, parent or legal guardian. ( http://plcmc.org/about_us/policiesPrivacy.asp ) 18. High School students learn to use digital media for library advocacy 19. The Flip and Tripod: Take Out Kit 20. Giant Jengaon YouTube 21. Job Shadow Day: teens used a Flip to interview library staff about their jobs 22. Prom Project:used a Flip to record teens thoughts of the event 23. Teen Tech Week
- Local college film department discusses cinematography tricks with the Flip
24. How-to-do-it Video Guides for Staff 25. Want to Flip? Order Flip Video Camcorders from TechSoup Flip Video Bundle: Two 120-Minute Camcordersand One Flip VideoTripod $174 Admin Fee http://www.techsoup.org/stock/libraries 26. Questions? Submit your questions using the chat box. 27. Continue the Discussion
- Additional questions can beanswered by posting in the Virtual Community Forum:
28. Get the Most Out of TechSoup
- At TechSoup, youll find a range of technology services to help your nonprofit:
- Download our free Technology Cookbooks
- Read helpful articles in our Learning Center
- Request donated software, hardware, and online services
- Join our community forums to learn from your colleagues
- Attend upcoming events and conferences
http://techsoupforlibraries.org 29. Upcoming Webinars
- Harness the Power of Your Data
- Thursday, June 24, 11 a.m. Pacific time
30. Thank you to our Webinar Sponsor! ReadyTalk offers dedicated product demos forTechSoup organizations 4 times per week. For more information: pages.readytalk.com/techsoup.html 31. TechSoup is Here to Help.[email_address] Thank you! Please complete the post event survey.