Social Media 101: Social Media Your New Business Card - Getting Started with WordPress
2. 3. Social Media Overview 4. Domain-User Profile Name
- 1. Social Media is Your New Business Card Session 1 Getting Started www.artizondigital.com 503.213.4480
- Your username/profile and domain/website name are your social media networking “brand”.
- Your domain name is your web address:rosecitycre.com- the .com stands for commercial business.
- Your username/profile name is your identity in the social media networking community.
Domain-User Profile Name 5. Domain Name Basics
- Careful selection of both increases your presence in Google search results and in the social media network.
- Brainstorm for 5 top keywords that people would search to reach your website.
- Do a Google search on yourself. Also search your top keywords.
- Keep your domain unique, short, easy to remember and type – don’t use hyphens
- 1031 Guru – Google search this for Bob Nelson
6. Profile Basics
- Name your site after your domain
- Choose a profile name to use across all your social networks – your social brand
- You can get an SEO trifecta if your profile name, domain name and blog title are all the same.
- Choose a easy and memorable name:
7. Profile Basics
- Use a professional looking self-photo
- Create a short but detailed profile description highlighting you and your business.
- Fill in all the available fields – many of these fields are searchable with both the site and search engines.
- Include your blog/website links
Username Check http:// www.usernamecheck.com Instant Domain Search http:// www.instantdomainsearch.com Domain-Username Tools 9. WordPress
- Use these tools to check availability of usernames and domain names.
- Zero cost – open source software
- Over 25M users including CNN and the New York Times
- Search engines love dynamic content
- Huge online resources including: tutorials, plugins, and themes
10. Choosing a Hosting Company
- Update social media network by simply posting to your site.
From: LinkedIn WordPress User Group Topic: Best Hosting Sites for WP? http:// www.bluehost.com /track/artizondigital 11. Installing WordPress
- Bluehost hosting is $6.95 per month and includes: one free domain, great customer service and easy Wordpress installation.
- Bluehost makes installing WP easy and fast with Simple Scripts.
https:// www.bluehost.com/cgi/help/wp_install 12. Press This
- Follow this simple tutorial from the helpdesk or have tech support walk you through:
- Make a post in less time than it takes to drink your morning cup of coffee with automated blogging from your web browser.
- Make Use Of Tutorial for installing and using The Press This Bookmarklet:
13. Prep Work for Session 2
- Secure/select your domain and user name
- Join the LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter communities
14. Session 2 Connecting Through WordPress
- Make a post with Press This
- Connecting through WordPress to your social media community.
- Make search engines love your posts.
This seminar covers the basics you need to create the a WordPress hosted blog. The hub of your social media network. The topics include:Choosing a Domain User Profile NameWordPressChoosing…