- Social Media & Social Marketing. The Power of Conversations
Social Media & Social Marketing. The Power of Conversations
Presented at the Social Marketing course, Lugano, October 13, 2008. Social Media could be used for promoting social marketing campaigns. In the Web 2.0 it is important to understand WHAT tools use and HOW use them for reaching important goals. What about behavior change? There are lots of opportunities for research out there.
- Social Media & Social Marketing The Power of Conversations
- A quick poll, before getting started! Blog personal/corporate Tagging Bookmarking Photo Sharing Skype or IM Wiki RSS Web video / vlog Social Networking Mash-ups Second Life
- Social Media, Web 2.0, Blogs, Blogosphere, Social Networks, Wikis... What is this all about?
- Still Feeling A Bit Confused? http://ickr.com/photos/9119028@N05/591163479/
- A denition of Social Media & the Web 2.0...
- The Web 2.0 could be defined as a collection of open-source, interactive and user-controlled online applications expanding the experiences, knowledge and market power of the users as participants in business and social processes. Constantinides & Fountain, 2008 Social media are the social aspects of the web 2.0 applications: participation, openness, conversation, community and connectedness. SpannerWorks, 2007
- Web 1.0 vs. Web 2.0
- http://ickr.com/photos/lafabriquedeblogs/1193780745/ http://ickr.com/photos/popoever/234877734/
- Basically its all about conversations... http://www.cluetrain.com/book/95-theses.html
- The Social Media Landscape
- Could Social Media Be Used for Social Marketing Campaigns?
- Lets have a look at some examples...
- Substance Abuse (Anti-Drug, Smoking)
- Social Marketers should take into account but not be afraid of side- or boomerang effects of the Internet.
- Hand Washing
- Physical Activity
- Could Social Media be Effectively used for Social Marketing campaigns?
- It is possibile to increase the audience reach through the web... When I go online I talk YouTube, MySpace, to my friends about Facebook, Xanga, Flickr, different things, and also about my ideas, Digg, StumbleUpon are perspectives, opinions, all media that could be etc... So it makes sense to used for extending the think of the Internet as a campaing and spreading place where real messages. conversations take place.
- what do YOU think?