- What/who is the subject of the painting ?( 1 point )
- ThisisBeowulf and Grendel's Mother byRockwellKent
- If this was the second such one , what was the first one ? ( 1 point )
- This is a still from the 1974 sci-fi flickZardoz, which wasSean Conneryssecondpost-JamesBondrole.
- The first one was the movieThe Offence
- Whos missing here ? ( 1 point )
- The guysshownhereareKidRock ( sanshisbeard) andRickSalomon
- Theconnect PamelaAndersonshusbands
- The other one would be a fresh fruit . What about A + B ? ( 2 points )
- TheCaldecottMedalfeaturesillustrationsfromTheDivertingStoryofJohnGilpin ( A ) ononesideandSingasongofSixpence( B )ontheother .
- TheCaldecottMedalandtheNewberyMedal ( whichisthefreshfruitinquestion ) arethe2mostprestigiousawardsforchildrensLiteraturein USA
- This place is named after the one of themost important people involved in thecountrys Independence struggle . Name the place / person . ( 1 point )
- MaximoGomezPark, a.k.aDominoPark , namedafterMaximoGomez, CubasmilitarycommanderintheCubanwarofIndependence
- Obligatory Google Earth question . JustIDthelocation. ( 1 point )
- LoktakLake , Manipur, known as the onlyfloatinglakeintheworld
- The termination of something to do with A , and location B would yield residences .( 2 points )
- The cover art forLedZeppelins Houses of the Holywas inspired by the ending of Arthur C. Clarke's ( A ) novelChildhood's End .It is a collage of several photographs which were taken at the Giant's Causeway ( B ) , Northern Ireland .
- What iz thiz ? ( 1 point )
- LumbarPuncture / SpinalTap
- AnanswerframedasThisisSpinalTapwouldbe applauded
- A famous snap . Thebuildinginquestionholdsanot-so-earth-shatteringrecord . What ? ( 1point )
- ThebuildingisTorreLatinoamericana, MexicoCity .
- Itisthe tallest building ever exposed to a huge seismic force( the 1957 and 1985 Mexicoearthquakes )
- ThesnapisbyMexican photographer Enrique Metinideswhen a suicidal woman climbed out on to the ledge of the 27th floor in 1993. A Red Cross worker managed to prevent her fromjumpingto death
- Just identify the event . ( 1 point )
- TheRamsteinAirShowdisasterof1988( afterwhichtheGermanbandRammsteinisnamed )
- OlympicHandcuffs- ThisisReporterswithoutbordersprotesting thelackofpressfreedominChinaduringtheBeijingolympics
- This question is a dedication to an event I enjoyed to the fullest( theeventhappenedinNov 2009 )
- Connect the owner of the yellow orbit tothe bespectacled man. ( 2 points )
- Theorbitbelongsto3753Cruithne, anasteroidknownasEarthssecondmoon
- 3753 Cruithne is a vitalplotelementinStephenBaxtersManifold:Time
- QuestiondedicatedtoIIM-IndoresKlueless 5
- A made use of a term X which was earlier used by B to refer to C during the 1940s . A later replaced X with Y .
- Solve for all . ( 3 points )
- A MusicproducerSandyPearlman
- A and B supposedly inspired X . Solve for A , B and X . ( 2 points )
- B NathanielHawthornesRappaccinisDaughter
- What would one call his guys if they entered the geriatric category ? ( 1 point )
- ArgentinianclubNewellsOldBoys, thechapistheir director-coachIsaacNewell
- Which colourless location ? ( 1 point )
- Mera jhoota hai japani( Japanese shoes A ) Yeh patloon inglisthani( English trousers B ) Sar pe laal topi roosi( RedUshanka C ) Phir bhi dil hai hindustani( AzizMirza & SRK- D hadamoviebythesamename )
- ThisistheStahlHouseinLosAngeles , famousasthesubjectofJuliusShulmansCase Study House #22
- What connects ? ( 1 point )
- A JohannesGutenberg ProjectGutenberg
- B J LRuneberg ProjectRuneberg
- A is a screenshot from a famous game . It is based on a real location B . B serves as the end point for a famous race X . The starting point for race X is Y . Ysharesitsnamewiththedistrictinwhichitissituated . C is another town in this district and served as the setting for a famous fictional location Z .
- Solve for A C and X Z . ( 3 points )
- A GranTurismoHD / GT5Prologue
- Z RivendellfromTheLordoftheRings
- Identifyandconnect . ( 3 points )
- B 650 ml BeerBottle colloquiallyknownasBomber
- D EugeneDelacroixsTheBarqueofDantebasedonInferno
- Theconnect MOTORHEAD ALBUMS
- What is happening in A ? Connect the grand-dad of the chap portrayed in A and themost famous resident of B to somethingwhich came next in line to a venture by C .( 3 points )
- A Sarpedon ,Bellerophon sgrandsonbeingcarriedawaybySleepandDeath
- B MountChimerainLycia , believedtobethehomeoftheChimera myth
- Impossible. InMI-2 , Bellerophonisthe
- The game please . ( 1 point )
- Identify the track . Connect the track to the gentlemen in pic . ( 2 points )
- Cancion Del Mariachi fromDesperado
- fromtheMalayalamfilmPoonilamazha ,
- What ? Where ? ( 1 point )
- TheMichaelSchumacherIsland, thefirstdevelopedislandinDubais'The World'
- A is an area of global importance . B was originally named after someone who was intimately associated with A . C based one of his most important works on B . This work of C was brought to life on the silver screen by D . To complete the connect , E shares part of his name with D and belongs to the general area A .
- Solve for A , B , C , D and E . ( 3 points )
- B SS Exodus( original name SS President Warfield )
- The pictures shown here depict a strategy in the treatment of X . Thisprocessissupposedto havegivenrisetoY . IdX andY.
- X Dracunculiasis causedbyGuineaworm
- Y TherodofAsclepius,thesymbolofmedicine
- What are we looking at ? What used to be here earlier ? ( 1 point )
- JohannesburgRailwayStation ; OldWanderersusedtobehere
- What caused the deluge ? ( 1 point )
- BouncingBombswereusedbyBritainin1943inOperationChastiseonGermandams .The Mohne and Eder dams were breached, causing catastrophic flooding of the Ruhr valley .
- What is being shown here ? ( 1 point )
- a. ) A is the parliament building of a country
- and was designed by B . BisfamousinIndiafora creation X. C isyetanotherofBsaccomplishmentsandisdedicatedtotheworldofart. ChousesaveryfamousworkYbypainterZ . This work Y was , however , inspired/copied from an engraving byfamous printmaker D . SolveforA-DandX-Z( 4points )
- b. )Identify infestation E , poetFandinfectionG . ConnectthemwithY . ( 3 points )
- A ParliamentBuildingofBangladesh
- Y TheTormentofSt. Anthony
- Ergotism , ErysipelasandH.ZosterareallknownasSt.AnthonysFireasmonks of the Order of St. Anthony who were particularly successful at treating them
- Identify the song and the lady . Connect the song to the man in the pic . ( 2 points )
- The Jewel Song, l'air des bijoux, from Faust beingperformedbyJoanSutherland
- Statues in memory of the same person , first one in Ireland and the second one in theUS of A . Just identify . [Question inspired by the movieHitchwhich this quizmaster was watching at the time of setting this particular question ] ( 1 point )
- AnnieMoore, thefirstimmigranttoUSAtopassthroughtheEllisIslandfacility
- Connect A , B , C and D . Then , connectthisconnecttoE . ( 2 points )
- ThomasPynchon'sGravity's Rainbow
- JohnDosPassos'sU.S.A. trilogy
- PhilipRoth ( E ) hasabooknamedGreatAmericanNovel
- Connect A ( when in his underworld avtar ) , B , C and D ( 2 points ).
- A KhanAbdulGaffarKhan a.k.a BadshahKhan , sohisunderworldavtarcouldbecalledBadshahBhai
- B Bade( Miyan )Chhote( Miyan )
- D TheBeatles , inspirationforBetelNuts
- Which Indian could one associate with the ( not exhaustive ) list below ? ( 1 point )
- OnlyIndiantogetthetitle Dr. Rajkumar
- Connect to one of the quizmasters setting this quiz . ( 1 point )
- Walt Whitman wroteOhCaptain , MyCaptain
- after Abraham Lincoln's assassination . Naomi
- Shemer translated the poem into Hebrew, and
- dedicated it to the former Israeli prime minister
- Yitzhak Rabin after his murder
- It gets its name as a combination of A + B . What ? ( 2 points )
- AntiguafromSantaMariaLaAntigua ( A )cathedralandBarbudameansbearded( B )
- What do these bridges connect ? ( 1 point )
- BridgeoftheAmericas ( A )
- TheCentennialBridge ( B )
- Which phenomenon is being depicted here ? It certainly doesnt happen here in the North-East . ( 1 point )
- What served as the inspiration for the following ? ( 1 point )
- Visitwikipagefordetails . Cantpostpicsfromthesamehere
- A , B , Cand DdidsomethingwiththehelpofEandonemoreperson . What ? ( 2 points )
- ThePhiladelphia Experimentwas an alleged naval military experiment at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard in Philadelphia,, sometime around October 28, 1943, in which the U.S. Navy destroyer escort USSEldridgewas to be rendered invisible (i.e.cloaked)to human observers for a brief period of time. That is also referred to sometimes asProject Rainbow .
- In "Green Fire" (1998), a collaborative novella , the science fiction writers Robert A. Heinlein( A ) , Isaac Asimov ( B ) , Grace Hopper ( C ) and L. Sprague De Camp ( D ) along with take part in the Philadelphia Experiment, with the assistance of the Aztec deity Quetzalcoatl ( E ) andNikola Tesla.
- Am looking for the flower , andyeahithasnothingtodowithHarryPotter . ( 1 point )
- 44. A famous final view of things.
- The famous final view I was referring to was this:
- Kevin Spacey narrating the last lines in American Beauty :
- Lester Burnham : I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watchingfalling stars ... Andyellow leaves, from the maple trees , that lined my street... Or mygrandmother's hands , and the way her skin seemed like paper... And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand newFirebird ... AndJanie ... AndJanie ... And...Carolyn . I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday.
- PS: Jane from Tarzan movies and Carolyn Wozniaki
- Sam n Henry, the first Sitcom
- 46. Identify the most famous thing named after this fellow. The second most famous thing is shown here.
- John Harvard and Harvard University
- 47. Find a Mexican connection.
- (Tampa Bay stadium and Galaxy M104 nickname)
- 48. Watchmen? You might say so.
- Britton Hadden and Henry Luce, the founders of
- TIME , and hence watchmen of a kind
- Id the structure , Id the bird , Id the chaps and connect them ( 3 points )
- Thestructure SuttersMill, CA , theplacewheretheCaliforniaGoldRushstarted
- Thebird TheLong-billedCurlew, a.k.aTheCandlestickBird
- Thechaps GeneHa & AlanMoore
- Termusedtodescribe the gold prospectors
- that came to California during the gold rush
- Ha & Moorehaveagraphicnoveltitled
- Green Movement refers to a series of actions after the 2009 Iranian presidential election, in which protesters demand removal of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad from office.
- The connection isWords : song by Tony Rich, by
- the BeeGees and is the name of Sartres auto-
- 52. Much-reviled? Unfairly, I Think.
- The Big Dipper ,the Stiltand Carrot-top from
- Chairman of the Boardsare allnicknames
- of legendary cager Wilt Chamberlain
- Dr. Paul Hawkinswho invented Hawk-Eye
- 54. Too indoorsy, and too late. Id.
- Jim Beatty who ran the first indoor sub-4
- A hairy tree in a very cold place . ( 1 point )
- ArcticDownyBirchor BetulapubescenstortuosafoundonlyinIceland
117. 56. Identify royalty at right. 118.
- Willard Harris a.k.a Lord Relator
- Abdel Baset al-Megrahi , convict in the
- Lockerbie bombing, who was released on
- compassionate grounds recently
- 58. Name his famous 1984 replacement.
- The Larry O Brien trophy for the NBA
- Championships replaced the Walter A. Brown
- (pictured) Trophy in 1984 .
- 59. Prime place forpirouetting.
- Sundance Square, Forth Worth, Texas .
- Named after you know who.
- 60. Her most infamous liaison?
- Swedish politician Mona Sahlin, infamous for
- 61. What famous name-change occurred when theproprietors moved from A to B?
- When the royal family of Bikaner moved from
- their old palace, namedChintamani,to the
- Lalgarh Palace , theold fort was named Junagarh
- The Hidden Fortress sequence from A New
- Hope featuring Darth Vader (David Prowse)
- 63. How did National Geographic famously describe him? Name him as well.
- Harold Doc Edgertonwho NatGeo described asThe Man
- He is responsible for iconic images such as these:
- 64. Dude on left was the partial inspiration for modern day classic on right. Name both.
- Rainer Maria Rilke 'spoetry partially inspired the
- 65. The last answer will lead you to this ones. But explain, or no points.
- Viv The King Richards,Clipper ,DodgeCaravan
- and a radio operator (who are calledSparkies )
- 66. A marvelous pussy, no?
- Mephistofrom Marvel comics and
- Mephisto or Mephistopheles is one of the chief
- demons of European literary tradition.
- 67. What head-buster connects these three?
- Descartes, Maxwell and Laplace are all Demons ,
- as in thought experiments
- In thought experiments philosophers
- occasionally imagine entities with special
- abilities in order to pose tough intellectual
- challenges or to highlight apparent paradoxes
- 68. Id this dude from far, far away.
- Boleji Badejowho played the alien in Alien
- Rafael Nadal and Miguel Angel Nadal .
- Nadal means Christmas in Catalan.
- 69 . ( Again , sorry , thequestionnumbersgotmixedup )
- . Who are we taking potshots at?
- Goliaths head from Verocchios David .
- Historians are unsure where the head belongs
- 71. Not a name, but a scale.
- TheModular . The dude is Le Corbusier .
- 72. Name the un-necessarily homoerotic video of a 1982 songthat is shown here. Please take the other visual as a ratherpathetic clue.
- Allentown by Billy Joel .
- It debuted in the album Nylon Curtain, which
- 73. Identify this famous Mason.
- Jim ONeill , who first proposed the term BRIC
- 74. Identify these men for all seasons.
- Robert Shaw and Peter Benchleyon the sets of
- Jaws . Shaw earlier played Henry VIII inThe Man
- 75. What 1974 act is the owner of this famed male gay art gallery known for?
- Robert Opel , the streaker during the Oscar
- Ceremony in 1974 who prompted David Nivens
- So , thelinksarequestionnumbers 1 , 2 , 3 , 5 , 8 , 13 , 21 , 34and55
- 1 Beowulf There is a band namedBeowlf
- 2 ZardozderivesfromWizardofOz .Mgo deOzisafamousSpanishfolkmetalband
- 3 Tommy Lee isa member ofMtley Cre
- 5 Maximo Park . The bandMaxmo Parkis named after the park
- 34RothsGreat American Novel is based onThe Epic of Gilgamesh. JapanesebandG irugmesh,again , is named after Gilgamesh
- 55 Birch translates to Bjork in Iceland . So , singerBjrk
162. 77. Theme 1 ( Q No. 59-62)
- Sundance Square inFort Worth
- The HiddenFortressSequence
163. 78.Theme 2 ( Q No. 64-67)
- Wings of Desire was remade into City ofAngels
- (and the story is full of angels, anyway)
- Los Angeles means City ofAngels
- Demon(Thought Experiment)
164. 79. Theme 3 ( Q No. 69-72)
- -modeled forPlatoin Raphaels famous
- Modular was adapted from his works
- Allentown,Pennsylvania (on which the song is based) has a sister city in Italy, which is, Vinci.
165. 80. Super-Theme