- Persuasion eats Advertising for Breakfast - an exploration of the future of advertising
Persuasion eats Advertising for Breakfast - an exploration of the future of advertising
Lecture by Astrid Groenewegen at the Sanoma Mediaparade 2014 on how thinking on persuasion design could transform the way we think about advertising.
- PERSUASION EATS ADVERTISING FOR BREAKFAST! an exploration of the future of advertising
- THE SALES FUNNEL IS DEAD Digital is a revolution in choice and buying behavior not in media CopyrightMcKinsey
- THE TAKE-AWAY The value an agency represents is not creativity or creative communications, but the know-how of inuencing choice and buying behavior. Therefore agencies need to work with all the ingredients of the business model: the way a product feels, the way we fuel consumer excitement and word-of-mouth and the way we improve the conversion path in general. One of the most interesting questions today for agencies will become: can we our creativity have added value in inuencing choice and behavior?
- CREATIVE COMMUNICATION VERSUS BEHAVIORAL DESIGN
- BEHAVIORIAL DESIGN MODEL Persuasion is putting hot triggers in the path of motivated people CopyrightBJFogg
- WE AS ADVERTISING INDUSTRY TEND TO OVERESTIMATE THE ROLE OF MOTIVATION IN CHANGING AND INFLUENCING BEHAVIOUR
- AMAZON VS BEST BUY The winning power of Amazon is not e-commerce as such, but service design on ability
- HIVOS LASER GUN Making behavior more fun instead of convincing on arguments
- TOILET DESIGN Trigger behavior
- ITS NOT ABOUT BIG IDEAS ITS ABOUT SMALL IDEAS SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF ! Rory Sutherland
- DESIGN FOR EXCITEMENT Build conversation into the product to promote sharing
- DESIGN FOR PERSUASION People use shortcuts that directly inuence behavior
- DESIGN FOR VALUE PERCEPTION People can only understand relative value not absolute value
- BUSINESS IDEAS FROM THE LEAST EXPECTED PLAYERS WILL DISRUPT YOUR BUSINESS FASTER THAN ADVERTISING CAN SAVE IT ! Rei Inamoto, AKQA
- DISRUPTIVE START-UPS AirBNB is designed around boosters and barriers
- DISRUPTIVE PRODUCTS Integrating service design into products
- DISRUPTIVE REACH Using lters as the new reach building and customer service as brand building
- DISRUPTIVE BUSINESS MODELS Inventing business models for the connected world www.paybacksweater.com BaconsprinklesonKickstarter
- DISRUPTIVE SERVICE DESIGN The next revolution will be psychological, not technological (Rory Sutherland)
- STRATEGY IS NOTHING MORE BUT AN INTERESTING HYPOTHESIS THAT CAN BE VALIDATED OR REJECTED BY DATA !
- THE ART OF FAILING FORWARD The lessons we learned from our own start-up Salon Dsir (www.salondesir.com)
- THINK LIKE A START-UP Finding a plan that works before the money runs out
- BECOME A MAKER Creativity and strategy should merge, the best strategy is found through creativity CopyrightHerbKelleher
- WE SHOULD BE OBSESSED BY SMART IDEAS INSTEAD OF ORIGINAL IDEAS CONVERSION DOESNT KILL CREATIVITY !
- DIGITAL IS NOT A DESTINATION Its not the website, its the social object. 90% of shopping decisions are made outside the website
- DESIGN FOR CONVERSION Develop audiences through content, convert into contact, convert into buyers
- THREE AREAS YOU SHOULD MASTER TODAY !
- 1. BEHAVORIAL DESIGN Learn about persuasion and behavioral economics
- 2. LEAN START-UP Executing strategy and achieving failure vs. experimenting, optimizing and discovering a business model
- 3. GAME DESIGN Start to understand game design is not about playfulness, but interesting choices http://codingconduct.cc/Don-t-Play-Games-With-Me http://www.slideshare.net/dings/pawned- gamication-and-its-discontents http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=6Hafzkwdwho (Dutch)
- THANK YOU! !
- ASTRID GROENEWEGEN Co-founder and Creative Director SUE Amsterdam Creative agency for Smart Campaigning ! firstname.lastname@example.org @astridgr www.pinterest.com/astridgr LinkedIn: Astrid Groenewegen +31-654743782 ! Columnist for AmsterdamAdblog Jury president SpinAwards Co-founder & Creative Director salondesir.com Co-founder & Creative Director paybacksweater.com ! Ofce: Koestraat 5b, 1012 BW Amsterdam ! The secrets of persuasion and other stuff that fascinates us can be found in SUEs bi-weekly A mail named SUE subscribe via www.sueamsterdam.com ! ! !