its abt bengal tiger, in india.
- Bengal TigerAN INSIGHT TO THE ENDANGERED
- The Bengal Tiger was first discovered in the Bengal region of India. The first White Bengal Tiger wasnt found until five years after that, when a tiger wandered into a village and was killed. A little bit after that she had three babies. Two regular and one that was white.
- Scientific name: Panthem tigris Common name: Bengal tiger Average size: over 7ft long, 3ft high Average weight for a male is about 440 lb Average weight for a female is about 400 lb Their colors are usually red- orange with black strips or white with black strips. Life span is over 20 years.
- Ecological Dimensions Humans have caused this beautiful specie to become near extinct. This is due to the clearing of land for settlement. It is also a result of poaching for profit. Farmers are killing them because they are pests.
- Bengal Tigers are only found in India and zoos. If they are in the wild they are found in jungles, forests, and swampy areas.
- Scrub forests Grass lands Rain forests The Bengal tiger is mostly found across the India subcontinent. The types of environment which where they live is mentioned in points below: Grasslands Scrub forests Rainforests Wet and dry deciduous forest Sub-tropical and Tropical forests
- Omnivore They will eat anything they kill, even other tiger but, they would eat mosses and grasses if food is scarce.
- a. Offspring They have 2-7 cubs at once. The most cubs ever born was 13 cubs. They are usually pregnant for 3-4 months. b. The mother usually takes care of the cub for 3 years.
- a. A tiger is usually solitary in nature, and very aggressive. They are also territorial and will ward away any other tigers by showing theyre large teeth and claws.
- The conservationists point of view are as listed below: Conservationists believe that the extinction of the Bengal Tiger will an imbalance in the ecosystems Without the tiger, tiger prey would increase. There should be no trade of products made from tigers body parts.
- The poachers have the following point of view on killing Bengal Tigers: The tigers body parts are used for making Chinese medicines The tigers skin is used for clothing and decoration. Poachers sells them to the black market alive for selling them as a pet.
- On the issue of killing the Bengal tiger the government believes: That the tigers should be protected to Balance the Ecosystem. The tigers should be protected because it provide income to the local communities through Tourism.
- The Future of the Bengal Tigers is still unsure but along with the all conservationists it is believed that if poaching and killing of animals stops; they are going to be out of danger.