Exploring Pinterest for Business
You can watch a recording of this webinar here: http://bit.ly/KKqVvz Pinterest, the photo sharing site, is getting a lot of attention this year. The addicting social network is reaching a demographic that means a lot to many businesses women. In this webinar we will take a look at the pin board style site and explore opportunities for businesses. We will discuss some new case studies, take a look at some of the data and try to determine if this new social media site is an opportunity waiting to happen for your company.
- Exploring Pinterestfor Business Photo credit: http://pinterest.com/pin/231724343297302313/
- Who we are Hall Internet Marketing Portland, Maine In business over 12 years @hall_web Amanda OBrien VP of Marketing @amanda_pants
- Got Questions? Use GoToWebinar Ask a Question Twitter with @hall_web Email email@example.com
- What is Pinterest?! Relatively new Online image collections pinboards Beautiful interface HUGE with women Photo credit: http://pinterest.com/pin/231724343297302313/
- Why should you care?In January 2012, Pinterest drove greater traffic to websites than LinkedIn, Google Plus, Reddit, and Youtube combined. http://youtu.be/AfyByLwiIe8 Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rog2bark/3633773522/
- How do I use pinterest for my business? Participate Find new potential customers Generate interest Drive traffic Generate sales and leads aka Social Media 10 Commandments Pinterest for Business Photo credit: http://pinterest.com/pin/133911788890523054/
- Who is on Pinterest? 11+ Million users Women Average age 32 Married or in a relationship Long time on site 2nd only to FB Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10ch/3204310433/sizes/l/in/photostream/
- Create a business accountInvitation OnlyFill out your About section, logo and websiteConnect to FB and Twitter accounts Should you post to Facebook?
- Start Pinning, Repinning and LikingAdd a descriptionCreate BoardsPhotos, videos, blog posts more on that later
- Pinterest and your websiteBookmarklet, social sharing iconsPinterest button to your siteAdd an image to all blog posts from now on!Watermark your original images to protect them
- Making Money Add prices and link to purchase Affiliate links
- Business Best Practices Pin regularly and not in bursts Label your pin board categories Engage with other pinners like and comment on other pins Clear, colorful photos Read this: http://pinterest.com/about/copyright/ Check the source of the pin before you repin
- Promote from other sources, not just your own work. Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhauri/4450804162/
- Pinterest search pins, boards, people
- More advancedTag other pinners with @Collaboration boards with staff or top clientsEvent boards invite attendees to post on that boardLinks in your pin descriptionsUse hashtagsWatermark your original contentWP Pinterest widget
- Who is pinning your stuff?http://pinterest.com/source/yoursitehere Photo credit: http://pinterest.com/pin/74872412525500748/
- What to pin Items around your industry Infographics Products Boards that show your values Team members Thanks yous Highlight old content Clients Local content Coupons How to videos Be a thought leader eBook covers Video gallery Case studies How do your products and Testimonials services fit into your customers What is your ideal client pinning? lifestyles? How does it help them?
- Persona driven boards Content for specific client types What are their interests, needs How does your business help?
- Take all the fun out of it When do you get the most repins, likes and referrals? Analytics and test different posting times View pinboards of your customers to understand them better What is driving traffic and leads? Clicks per pin, repins per pin, time spent on your site by Pinterest users
- Promote Cross promote Add popular pins to newsletter
- Contests Read this https://pinterest.com/about/terms/ Look at these http://pinterest.com/pinterestbiz/pinterest-contests/ Kraft Pin & Win contest
- Examples Cabot Cheese Chobani GE Whole Foods Marketo Scholastic Mashable 5 Interesting Pinterest Marketing Campaigns
- Infographics B2B?Putting your prettiest foot forwardPinterest search is about the descriptionsFresh content is rewardedFollow companies and boards not necessarily people
- Should you be on pinterest? Do visuals play a role in your business? Is your demographic there? Do you have the time and content? Test, test, test Photo credit: https://pinterest.com/pin/5488830766206663/
- Other Tools Pinerly content management dashboard. Track pins via campaigns, stats. Suggests people to follow and best TODs. Pinstamatic Create original pins 7 Useful Pinterest Tools to Supercharge Your Pinfluence Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/iancapstick/3913398059/sizes/m/in/photostream/
- Need to know more? This Is Everything You Need To Know About Pinterest (Techcrunch) 26 Tips for Using Pinterest for Business (Social Media Examiner) Pinterest Help and Resources Making Sense Of Key Pinterest Metrics And Analytics Tools (Marketing Land) 103 Resources For Becoming a Pinterest Expert (KISSmetrics)http://pinterest.com/pin/51228514481435341/ http://pinterest.com/pin/178384835210681441/
- Learn MoreTwitter: @Hall_Web @amanda_pants Blog http://www.hallme.com/blog/ Webinars http://www.hallme.com/webinars 7/10 - Creating a User-Centric Website 7/24 - 6 Common SEO Mistakes on Business Websites Archived webinars - http://www.hallme.com/archived-webinars11-877-425-5932 (HALL-WEB)firstname.lastname@example.org Download our new eBook: http://bit.ly/hall-ebook