1. Rich Pins are Pins that include extra information right on the Pin itself -Pinterest Also known as Enriched Pins or Super Pins Basically work the same as schema for your website They are designed to stand out and make shopping/searching for information easier on Pinterest.
2. Highlights information such as: Description Location Price Stock Availability Where to find the ariticle/product Quick recipe information Business logo
3. Regular Pin
5. Rich Pin
6. Article Title Favicon/Website Description
8. Product Product Description Price
10. Place Name/Phone Location
11. Step 1 Make sure your profile has a business account. That way you can track the results of your pins in Pinterest analytics to determine which pin is working best. business.pinterest.com
12. Step 2 Decide what type of rich pin you would like to apply for (product, recipe, movie, article or place) your website and learn about the required meta tags for each one. Article Example:
13. Step 3 Add appropriate Rich Pin meta tags to the specific page of recipe, product, ect. you would like emphasize. If its a WordPress site, you can use both Yoast or All in One SEO to add Open Graph meta data. (Source: Koozai)
14. Step 4 Go to Pinterests Rich Pin Validator and enter your newly marked up page for validation. https://developers.pinterest.com/rich_pins/validator/
15. Step 5 Click validate and it will show you the information it pulled from the url. From there, click Apply Now for your final step.
16. Step 6 Youve applied! It should take two to three weeks for the Pinterest team to get back to you about the status of your Rich Pins.
17. They are valuable because. In May 2012, Shopify did a study that showed an average sales order of $80 from Pinterest referral traffic, compared to $40 from Facebook referral traffic. Pins with prices were also 16% more likely to get likes than those without. Your Pins will stand out in the crowd by showcasing the name of your business and your logo. For products, your information will be automatically updated if you update pricing or availability on the pinned page. When Target worked with Pinterest on the Rich Pin trial they experienced a &0% increase in visits based on the pins that featured prices and a detailed description.
18. Client Example After implementing Rich Pins for Image ReNu, I have noticed that the pins coming directly from their website have been getting more impressions. For example, before the Rich Pin, the Waxing Dos and Donts pin averaged about 2 impressions per month with no clicks. However, after the Rich Pin, it has gotten 141 impressions over the past month with 6 clicks.