- 1.Creating Collaborative Projects in Elementary Content Areas Kristin Hokanson, 3 rdGrade Teacher Maggie Caverly, Elementary Librarian ROBERTS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL Upper Merion Area School District
2. Technology with elementary students can be difficult
- It is a POWERFUL medium because
- Kids learn from what they watch
- They learn MORE by creating
- It is an easy way for kids to convey what they have learned
- It presents a cohesive summary of the project, whatever it may be....
3. Digital storytelling projects lend themselves to elementary....
- Children are often bursting to tell their stories, and many teachers want to help them to become good storytellers.
- Pushes the kids from learning the information to applying what they have learned.
- At the heart of digital storytelling is writing, kids become better writers by telling their stories.
- Introduce some ideas for simple elementary projects.
- Showcase programs that can be used to integrate technology.
- Provide examples of successful elementary projects.
- Resources for more information.
5. Photo Story
- Showcase Student Writing **
- Open House Introduction **
- Processstart with template ( PPT ** )
** Material is protected and links cannot be viewed from web-based download 6. Microsoft Producer for PowerPoint
- PowerPoint is a great way to direct research for different topics.
- We have used PowerPoint for U.S. state research, country reports, animal research and biographies.
- The Producer add on allows you to:
- Add digital video clips fromUnited Streamingor the Internet databases onPower Library
- Add 2 different audio tracks
- Add videos (photo story) of related pictures and photographs
- Digital video clips of a childs narration of their research.
7. Other Applications for Elementary
- Check out the Kidspiration: In the Classroomwebsitefor great examples
- Check out the Timeline: User Resourceswebsitefor great examples
8. More Information & Templates
- Project Templates from Roberts
- Go to Library: Technology Projects 2007
- Graphic Organizer Templates