Social media conversations 101 presentation, nov. 2013
Social media only works if you engage your audience. Here are some conversation ideas to help build your fanbase and get your followers more engaged.
- 1. Social Media Conversations Presented by: Nicky Reynolds
- 2. - The intermixing of people or groups previously segregated Social Media Integration - The act of spreading your brand across the popular social media platforms, and being active on all of them SOME INTEGRATION In te gra tion
- 3. Dont panic.
- 4. Get Found Connect and Engage Create a Community Promote Content Dont cancel your email BUSINESS GOALS FOR USING FACEBOOK
- 5. Include social media icons in emails Ask subscribers to share and connect Send a dedicated email campaign Provide incentives Promote email sign-up via social networks Build an email opt-in form on Facebook Dont forget SMS (text) if you can afford it Promote email marketing on your blog if you have one Include Retweet This! snippet in emails INTEGRATING EMAIL MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- 6. INTEGRATING SOCIAL ACTIVITIES WITH OTHER EFFORTS Convert your social followers to email contacts for your e-newsletters Ask for referrals thats where sharing and unique conversation ideas come into play! Strengthen your SEO by creating good content Get press target journalists who have a large SoMe following because theyll get people to your site
- 7. Live Events Host a Twitter Party during one of your biggest events to get event-goers involved in the promotion! Give away prizes, ask trivia questions, share photos, etc. Using QR Codes The RIGHT Way Should go to a mobile friendly site, contest form, e-newsletter sign-up form, etc. NOT to your main website Dont let them go into the void use a code management system to track scans Tools of the Trade Pick a good social media tool to help you create and track your Campaigns (Ill show you a few later)
- 8. Create an Engaging Network Events Videos Discussions/Conversations Photos & Infographics Blog Articles / News Stories Giveaways There are specific rules associated with Facebook giveaways; however you no longer have to use a sanctioned App! Ask a question youll get answers! Create an engaging cover photo and change it out periodically - *Again, there are rules!
- 9. More Ideas: Introduce a Fan of the Week program Hold a special Fan Day thanking fans for their support and input, and Reward them with prizes, coupons, promo codes, etc. Fan Page Freebie Friday Who wants a Freebie? Get 100 shares of this post, and well give away a prize to a random fan. Show Off Friday Were so proud of ____ (attraction, destination, photo, Article, blog post, customer, employee, etc.) that we want to brag about it! T3/TN Travel Tuesdays Thanks for traveling! Here are some great deals! Does your industry do something similar? Caption This show photos of something in your town and ask fans to create a caption. Bonus give a prize to the person whos caption generates the most likes. Fan photo of the week submit your photos of our town, a favorite Seasonal icon, etc. (new one each week), and well pick one every week to showcase on our Facebook Page! - - You can post as a regular post or put it as your Cover Photo for the week. *It doesnt have to be Related to your industry (although thats great) just get attention! Share this post at least 100 times by XXX Date and well give away a really cool prize!
- 10. OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES YOU SHOULD BECOME ENGAGED WITH AS YOU MOVE FORWARD Twitter Instagram Pinterest LinkedIn MySpace Discount Sites
- 11. Pinterest 80% of Pinterests FB fans are women* Pinterest hit 10 million U.S. monthly unique visitors faster than any independent site in history. They currently have ~12 m monthly unq visitors, over 70 m users, and more than 9 m FB-connected users Daily users increased by 1,047% in 2012. Currently, there are 2.5 billion monthly pageviews. 5 million pins per day. Pinterest shoppers average $140-180 per order YouTube Its the 2nd largest search engine in the U.S. next to only its owner, Google.
- 12. MySpace Seriously 2015 There will be 83 M Millennials (a.k.a. digital natives) and 74 M Boomers Issues for Millennials: Safety, Globalization (want to be connect to the rest of the world), and Technology (cell phones, IPods, laptop) Favorite websites for Millennials: 1. StumbleUpon 2. Mashable 3. Facebook 4. MSN & Yahoo 5. Google News 6. YouTube 7. Craigslist 8. Ebay 9. MySpace Millennials are 130 times more likely to use internet than the average American. Its twice as likely to be internet access on their phone.
- 13. HOW TO KEEP UP There are several sites like Hootsuite, TweetDeck, and Vertical Response that help you manage your networks. TweetDeck is a desktop application. Hootsuite and Vertical Response are internet based so you can check them from any computer with internet. Most have apps you can download onto your smart phone or tablet device. Here are 2 examples
- 14. Helpful Resources o o o o o o o o o o o Mashable.com MediaPost.com SarahsFav.es SocialMediaExaminer.com* ExpandedRamblings.com (great for stats) Facebook.com closed groups for your industry (Tourism Geeks) Subscribe to Mari Smith on Facebook and subscribe to her eNewsletter* Subscribe to Peter Shankman. Hes just cool. HARO (more PR than SoMe, but didnt want to leave it out!) Subscribe to eMarketers Daily eNewsletters HubSpot has some good whitepapers Tracking SocialMention.com
- 15. Tools You Need to Know About TwitterCounter SocialBro SocialSeek Wildfire Social Media App Klout (your social score) Cyfe (monitor services like AdSense, MailChimp, Google Analytics, etc.) FollowerWonk Google Alerts HowSociable NetVibes Pinerly (schedule pins) Seesmic, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck TweetPsych (analyzes last 1000 Tweets) Tweet Reach (measures impact Of conversations) WhoUnfollowedMe
- 16. CONTACT ME Facebook.com/NickyReynolds Twitter: TrickyNicky LinkedIn: Nicky Reynolds Pinterest: AuntieNickNick