The Top 5 Ways An Architect Can Drive Sustainability
Exploring the 5 key areas of impact that architects can leverage to dramatically improve a buildings performance in the earliest design stages.
- 1. Green Building SoftwareThe Top 5 Ways An ArchitectCan Drive Sustainability
- 2. 2013 Sefaira Ltd. All RIghts ReservedArchitects currently struggle to carry out vitalsustainability analysis throughout the design processbecause of the lack of data or readily useable tools.The early design stages are run at a brisk pace, onaverage a week for massing studies and up to threeweeks for presenting a proposal to a client.What Challenges do Architects Face?Above: Some energy analysis outputsGreen Building SoftwareThe Top 5 Things An Architect Can Do To Drive Sustainability
- 3. Green Building SoftwareThese challenges mean that in the absence of rapid analysisand credible, understandable outputs, analysis is beingneglected until further in the process when the designparameters are set.Sustainability measures therefore become ill-fitting add-onsinstead of integrated solutions - The full efficiency potential ofbuildings are, as such, never fully investigated or actualised.Architects & Sustainability2013 Sefaira Ltd. All RIghts ReservedThe Top 5 Things An Architect Can Do To Drive SustainabilityAbove: Annual Energy Consumption Graphs
- 4. 1 Identify the right form & orientationMinimise energy consumption by analysing the combined impact of formorientation and aspect ratio.2Do you understand the effect your selected glazing type, ratio andlocation will have on energy use, comfort and indoor environmentalquality?Optimise the facade4Is your envelope reducing energy use and improving indoorenvironmental quality?Optimise your specifications3Ensure the efficiency of your natural ventilation measures byconsidering interelated factors such as thermal mass, airflow, operablearea and heat gain control.Holistically design for natural ventilation5Credible building physics data could enable a fluid merge ofsustainability and your design intent.Understand & share design performanceThe Top 5 Things2013 Sefaira Ltd. All RIghts ReservedGreen Building SoftwareThe Top 5 Things An Architect Can Do To Drive SustainabilityDownload the case studyat www.sefaira.comto find outWhich of these do you thinkis least costly to run in ayear?
- 5. 2013 Sefaira Ltd. All RIghts ReservedThe Top 5 Things An Architect Can Do To Drive SustainabilityFundamental design decisions, which have asignificant impact on sustainability, are theresponsibility of architects They have a keyopportunity to shape a buildings performance fromits inception.Discover more about the five key areas of impactthat architects can leverage to dramatically improvea buildings performance in the earliest design stagesby following the link to Sefairas Whitepaper, TheTop 5 Ways an Architect Can Drive Sustainability.Sefairas WhitepaperContact Detailsmarketing@sefaira.com | www.sefaira.comGreen Building SoftwareDownload Whitepaper